This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 28, 2019 at 8:04 am #4471701

Todd

Hi there

We're about to start translating this site, and one of the pages we need to only translate part of it. We'll be working with NetTranslators via the API.

Page we'll need partial translation: hidden link
Parts of page to translate (in red box): hidden link

How do we have them only translate the specific sections?

Thanks,
Todd

August 28, 2019 at 9:07 am #4472689

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Todd,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I understand what you'd like to do but I'm afraid that, at least for now, you can only send the entire page to translation. I looked for some trick that might help you with this but I couldn't find anything to do the job. In this case, you'll need to send the whole page for translation.

Thanks,
Radu

August 28, 2019 at 9:30 am #4472771

Todd

Hi Radu

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, this wasn't the answer I was hoping for.

The only workaround I can think of is to create a new version of hidden link with just the sections that they want translated. But, the problem with this, it means that this page is no longer linked in WPML and when someone is on, for example, the English version of this page, clicking the German flag won't take them to the German version since the pages aren't linked.

Can you think of a workaround for that newly created issue?

Thanks,
Todd

August 30, 2019 at 11:38 am #4486883

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Todd,

I tried to look for some tricks to be able to translated only a certain section from a page but I couldn't find anything to do the job. The only solution that I can think of is to split this page into two pages and send to translation the page that contains the text you want.

For now, our plugin doesn't have an option to send to translation only parts of a page. You can only send an entire page to translation.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] translating part of a page’ is closed to new replies.