This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.15 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client is not able to translate the Popup Builder Plugin - no "+" icon appears

Solution: Check the multilingual content setup options at the end of your created pop-up. Mark it to "translate". The "+" icon will be available.

You will find the same settings at WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by janneA-4 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 5:39 pm #3769581

janneA-4

I am setting up the English version of my (German) site and have translated all pages. I have 20 popups (plugin: popup-builder.com) in my site and would like to translate them as well, but there is no English flag showing in the popup list. According to the plugin developers, "popups are as custom posts, and if the wpml on your side translates the posts automatically, the popups should be translated as well". Is there a way I can get the + signs into this list so I can translate the popups instead of duplicating them to new popups (with new ids etc.)?

You can see the (German) popups here if you open the accordion and click on one of the "mehr"-links: hidden link

May 8, 2019 at 9:29 pm #3771261

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Usually, you should be able to create repsective popups for each language by changing the admin language in the top admin bar. In this case I do not see any selectors for different language content.

The plugin should provide an idnividual shortcode for each language and each popup. Did you try create individual popups for each language and then apply the repsective shortcode to each page in their repective language?

Could you please verify if this solves the issue?

Kind regards
Andreas

May 9, 2019 at 8:49 am #3774281

janneA-4

If I switch to English in the black top bar of WordPress and make changes in the popups I see there, those changes are shown in the German versions which are live, so they are the same popups. Duplicating each popup and making the changes (translations) in the duplicates will work, because they will technically be new popups with new IDs. So I will have to change all the links in the English version of the team page, but there's a lot more work to do anyway, so I will just go for that solution. 🙂 Thank you!

May 9, 2019 at 10:14 am #3775055

janneA-4

HAH! I found it when I started the cloning: If you open a popup to edit it, at the bottom of the page there is this box where you can say if you want to have them translatable or not. It was set to "not". I changed it, and now I have the + sign in the list and can translate them the normal way 😀

May 9, 2019 at 10:14 am #3775057

janneA-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!