This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by rafaelD-14 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 13, 2019 at 9:39 am #3331345

rafaelD-14

Hi.

I have a problem with a customers site. This site ianus-simulation.de is multilingual using WPML. It also has a section where customers can login and this section is built using the plugin wp-client (wp-client.com).

Unfortunately the portal pages of the customers are not multilingual. The exact same problem was already discussed in this thread:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/need-help-at-translating-content-of-wp-client-portal-pages/

I need the solution for this but sadly the solution is behind some hidden links which obviously can't be shared openly. So I need some kind of description on how to solve this.

Thanks in advance!

March 14, 2019 at 5:54 am #3340645

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

It seems like the custom post type of WP client plugin is not set to translate.

Please Goto WPML > Settings > Post Type translation Find the post type related to WP-Client and set the option to "Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language"
This will enable you to create the portal page in other languages.

I hope this helps, Let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

March 27, 2019 at 2:35 pm #3472027

rafaelD-14

Hi.
Unfortunately this crashes the backend of the website. When I mark this option for the HUB-pages and save, the backend is not reachable anymore and I get an "HTTP ERROR 500" (the frontend of the site is still working just fine).
How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance

March 28, 2019 at 6:01 am #3477183

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Since Raja currently has a few days off, I will replace him here in the forum. I hope this is OK for you 🙂

It seems there is some PHP error happening when saving the post creating the issue, could you please perform the below steps and share me the results?

Debugging

1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

March 28, 2019 at 8:31 am #3478169

rafaelD-14

Hi, this is the content of the debug.log:

[28-Mar-2019 08:30:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine::unpackMicrotime $binary expected to be string with length of 8, received string of length 0 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php:921
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(254): wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine::unpackMicrotime('')
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(1190): wfWAFStorageFile->_getAttackDataRowsNewerThan(Resource id #551, 53818, 553)
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(239): wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine->scanRowsReverse(Array)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/lib/wordfenceClass.php(7799): wfWAFStorageFile->getNewestAttackDataArray('1553492782.8441...')
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php on line 921
[28-Mar-2019 08:30:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Custom_Columns::__construct() must be an instance of SitePress, instance of wpdb given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php on line 153 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php:19
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php(153): WPML_Custom_Columns->__construct(Object(wpdb), Object(SitePress))
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-hooks-handler.php(59): WPC_3P_Compatibility->wpml_portalhub_columns('')
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPC_Hooks->__call('WPC_3P_Compatib...', Array)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-includes/plugin. in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php on line 19

March 28, 2019 at 8:33 am #3478223

rafaelD-14

Please note that this is the result on my local machine. However the same "HTTP ERROR 500" resulted when I tried it on the live site. But I don't want to continually crash my clients backend trying out solutions. That's why I went to a local installation.

March 28, 2019 at 10:38 am #3479553

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It seems like there is some fatal error happening on the WordFence plugin, could you please disable it for testing and let me know if that helps?

Thanks

March 28, 2019 at 10:43 am #3479675

rafaelD-14

Since I can't get into my backend I "disabled" the wordfence plugin by renaming the folder in the wp-content - plugins directory. This had no effect, the wordpress-backend unfortunately is still unreachable.

The content of the debug.log is as follows:

[28-Mar-2019 08:30:14 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine::unpackMicrotime $binary expected to be string with length of 8, received string of length 0 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php:921
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(254): wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine::unpackMicrotime('')
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(1190): wfWAFStorageFile->_getAttackDataRowsNewerThan(Resource id #551, 53818, 553)
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php(239): wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine->scanRowsReverse(Array)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/lib/wordfenceClass.php(7799): wfWAFStorageFile->getNewestAttackDataArray('1553492782.8441...')
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php on line 921
[28-Mar-2019 08:30:28 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Custom_Columns::__construct() must be an instance of SitePress, instance of wpdb given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php on line 153 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php:19
Stack trace:
#0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php(153): WPML_Custom_Columns->__construct(Object(wpdb), Object(SitePress))
#1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-hooks-handler.php(59): WPC_3P_Compatibility->wpml_portalhub_columns('')
#2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPC_Hooks->__call('WPC_3P_Compatib...', Array)
#3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-includes/plugin. in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php on line 19
[28-Mar-2019 10:39:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: wfWAFAttackDataStorageFileEngine::unpackMicrotime $binary expected to be string with length of 8, received string of length 0 in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wordfence/vendor/wordfence/wf-waf/src/lib/storage/file.php:921
Stack trace:
[28-Mar-2019 10:39:57 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Custom_Columns::__construct() must be an instance of SitePress, instance of wpdb given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php on line 153 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php:19
Stack trace:
[28-Mar-2019 10:40:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Custom_Columns::__construct() must be an instance of SitePress, instance of wpdb given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php on line 153 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php:19
Stack trace:
[28-Mar-2019 10:40:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Custom_Columns::__construct() must be an instance of SitePress, instance of wpdb given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php on line 153 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php:19
Stack trace:
[28-Mar-2019 10:42:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to WPML_Custom_Columns::__construct() must be an instance of SitePress, instance of wpdb given, called in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php on line 153 and defined in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/ianus/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/menu-elements/class-wpml-custom-columns.php:19
Stack trace:

March 28, 2019 at 10:53 am #3479747

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I can see a WPML fatal error too there, please use the solution provided here to fix it https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wp-client-cant-be-activated/#post-2777184

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

March 28, 2019 at 11:04 am #3480021

rafaelD-14

Ok, this seemed to solve the issue.

To be clear, what I did was replacing the code in line 153 in the file wp-content/plugins/wp-client/includes/class-wpc-3p-compatibility.php...

$custom_columns = new WPML_Custom_Columns( $sitepress->wpdb, $sitepress );

...with this code:

$custom_columns = new WPML_Custom_Columns( $sitepress );

I have 2 more questions:

1. Why did the deleting of this part of the code solve the problem?
2. Won't this problem be there again when the wp-client plugin gets updated? Will I have to make this code-adjustment each time anew? (this won't be a problem, I just have to know).

March 28, 2019 at 11:26 am #3480255

rafaelD-14

And by the way, as I am seeing now, I still don't have a translatable hub-page. When I get into the backend and click on wp-client -> content -> hubs and click on the template I am using, I get to the editor page and can edit the content there. But when I choose the different language via the toolbar on the top I get to the exact same template page. This means that any changes I make in the editor-window for example in german also is there in the editor window in english. So there really isn't any real different language.

To illustrate my problem I attached a couple of screenshots.

Did I forget something? Any option I need to click on?

March 28, 2019 at 11:44 am #3480423

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The code edit was suggested by our developers to fix the fatal error, so this will be included in one of the upcoming releases so you don't have to edit it every time you make the update.

Regarding the hub page, let me see your settings once, I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to be of better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. hidden link

These info is private, and available to you and supporters only. Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note that:

Backup (both files and database) your site before giving us your credentials. You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Duplicator instruction
hidden link

It would be better if you give me the test site rather than the live site.

If the issues needs some changes in the plugins updates/disabling we will install a plugin called “duplicator” and replicate the site in our local server for testing.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 1, 2019 at 7:28 am #3504787

rafaelD-14

Ok, I will set up a testsite and send you all the necessary data. Since my only testsite is on my local machine I have to make some preparations. Be back soon.

And thanks so very much for helping me with this!

April 1, 2019 at 10:37 am #3506347

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, will wait for your feedback.

Thanks

April 8, 2019 at 9:24 am #3555957

rafaelD-14

Hello, I have set up the testsite. Unfortunately the option to submit all the info privately is gone. How do I send you all the necessary data?

Btw. the live-site is constantly changing at the moment. So I will need some kind of instruction for the steps you will be doing on the testsite and how to replicate them on the live site. Doing a duplicator backup from the testsite and uploading that to the live-site will not work because I will end up overwriting all of the new content the admins there do regularly.

Thanks very much in advance!