This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When I try to translate a page the body content is missing

Solution: Updating the theme resolved this issue

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by pabloL-24 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 23, 2018 at 2:40 pm

dianaR

I am trying to: translate my post into english and german. When I duplicate my post into german I can't see the "body" field where I can insert my text.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I had the same problem when translating an existing post to english.
Than I created a new post, duplicate in english and everything was fine. When duplicating into the 2nd language, the body field is missing.

April 24, 2018 at 3:14 pm #1792391

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

It looks like your site is currently set to use manually translation instead of the translation editor. If using manual translation, then this is when you would want to use the Duplicate feature and then click "translate independently" to add the translated content. However, if you switch to using the translation editor, as your screen shots indicate, then you would just click the "+" icon and then you can add the translations in the translation editor fields.

Once you have followed those steps to translate, please let me know if you are still missing any content.

April 30, 2018 at 7:36 am #1890775

dianaR

Hi Lauren, I just update the Theme and now it works fine 🙂 thanks anyway!

July 30, 2019 at 10:34 pm #4310673

pabloL-24

Hello Lauren,
I am having the same issue. I cannot see the body content field on the editor. When I try to edit a post I see the field but then it quickly disappear. I would like to add each post independently for each language.