Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

How to bulk translate the taxonomies.

Solution:

- Add a dummy post.

- Assign all the taxonomies to that post.

- From the translation management send that page for translation.

- All the taxonomies will be sent alongside the content of the post and as the post is a dummy post, it will include only the taxonomies.

Relevant Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/#translating-all-taxonomy-terms-at-once

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Santiago 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Christopher Amirian.

Author Posts
March 25, 2022 at 8:47 pm #10880063

Santiago

Hello there,
Looks like I can manually translate my "Post Categories" on the "Taxonomy Translation".
But how can I send all my "Post Categories" to the "Translation Management" to handle those with my translation service?
Thank you in advance.-

March 27, 2022 at 5:39 pm #10886911

Christopher Amirian
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Yerevan (GMT+04:00)

Hi there,

To bulk translate the taxonomies please follow the steps below:

- Add a dummy post.
- Assign all the taxonomies to that post.
- From the translation management send that page for translation.
- All the taxonomies will be sent alongside the content of the post and as the post is a dummy post, it will include only the taxonomies.

For more information:

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-post-categories-and-custom-taxonomies/#translating-all-taxonomy-terms-at-once

Thank you.

March 27, 2022 at 7:46 pm #10887177

Santiago

I discovered a similar way and was wondering if don't have a specific place to do this.
Thank you.-

March 27, 2022 at 7:46 pm #10887179

Santiago

Thank you.-