This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 1, 2019 at 9:05 am #4492273

Anders

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hello i am trying to copy the product number and EAN code from my danish products to my english products in bulk.

Many other attributes copy just fine but these are not copied. Any advice?

September 1, 2019 at 9:59 pm #4493395

Anders

Hello, thank you for the suggestion. I have tried this, but it did not work.

I could change the GTIN (EAN) id settings to copy, but i still do not see the GTIN being copied.
On the _SKU id which is the product number, this one was greyed out but appears to be set to copy by default, however it does not show.

So i still need a bit of assistance here, thanks

September 2, 2019 at 8:42 am #4495343

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

the SKU should be one of WooCommerce default fields. If it doesn't show, maybe the problem is somewhere else.

I'd ask you to:

1. update all WPML plugins (current version for WPML is 4.2.7.1)
2. try a compatibility test
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WooCommerce, WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

September 3, 2019 at 9:17 pm #4507313

Anders

Hey Laura

Yes i do see the _SKU field but it is greyed out so i cannot edit it. However it is set as copy so it should work but still it doesnt. In my english products the SKU number is not reflected and in many cases just blank.

September 4, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4511213

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

this is strange. Could you provide me with your credentials so I can take a better look?

I'll enable a private reply.

September 5, 2019 at 9:24 pm #4522049

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Anders,

My colleague Laura is out of the office for now and I'll have a look at this ticket.

I just checked the products from your website. I went to Dashboard → WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual → Products tab and I could see that the the products that have the pencil icon for the translation have the SKU value copied well while the ones that have that refresh icon, don't.

Could you edit one of the products with the refresh icon, add the translation, make sure that the Translation is complete is checked, and then have a look at the SKU value if it's still not copied. Once we handle this, we'll check the EAN field too.

Thanks,
Radu

September 7, 2019 at 9:45 pm #4529831

Anders

Great, that seemed to do the trick, Thanks!!

Is there any way to bulk mark product translations as complete? Its quite time consuming having to open all products and do this one by one.

Thanks

September 10, 2019 at 9:21 am #4543573

Anders

Hey, Is there any way to bulk mark product translations as complete?
So i dont have to go in on every product.

September 10, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4545045

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Anders,

I understand (and I agree with you) that this is a laborious process but it's the only option to do this. I was looking for a try to make this change faster but couldn't find any other way to do it.

Now, about the EAN field, can you check if it's copied too once you mark the translation as complete, please? This might do the trick not just for the SKU value but for EAN too.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] translating product number and EAN’ is closed to new replies.