Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas Neuber 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas Neuber.

Author Posts
March 26, 2013 at 9:23 am #114937

Ian

Hi
I just updated to the latest versions three days ago. I am using WPML with WooCommerce and have been for some time. After updating the WPML CMS to verison 2.7.1 a problem has arisen.

Our workflow is to create a product post in English, include the images and set all the product data such as price, variations if any and so on. The post is then translated into the second language. We originally had a problem as we were duplicating the posts and media and then overwriting after breaking the duplication - this left us with the canonical link problem which I have reported in an earlier post where the second language post is effectively set with a rel=canonical setting to the original language and is hence is ignored by the search engines -NOT CLEVER! I believe that problem still exists and there is no easy workaround.

Anyway for that reason we stopped duplicating and just tick the two media duplications for images and featured image then the green plus to translate manually.,

This should copy over all the images and Featured images and product data to the post to be translated and link the English and Thai pages together. This does not seem to work anymore. The images and data are not replicated and if you enter it again the two posts are not linked (you can tell as clicking the English language version whilst viewing the foreign language verison goes to a 404 error - the pages are not linked. Also if you click the copy content - the post body is copied into the short Description.

Now we are translating using the duplicate content method again which is really bad as we are wasting our time with that canonical link problem persisting. Can you please check and advise what we should be doing.

March 26, 2013 at 10:42 am #114987

Andreas Neuber
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Ian,

To address this problem as quick & efficient as possible, would it be possible that we have credentials for your website and replicate esp. this part?
"This should copy over all the images and Featured images and product data to the post to be translated and link the English and Thai pages together. This does not seem to work anymore."

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating Products does not copy Media & Product Data’ is closed to new replies.