This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
Tagged: Translating a theme
|April 22, 2019 at 5:06 pm #3657275|
Tell us what you are trying to do?
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Is there a similar example that we can see?
What is the link to your site?
|April 22, 2019 at 5:18 pm #3657395|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)
Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will be happy to help you with this.
From what I can see, the language quick links (across the top) are missing, too, so it feels to me that this CPT (custom post type) is not translatable.
Can you please try these 3 things:
1. Try the "screen options" at the top of the page and see if you can enable WPML-related sections
2. If point one doesn't help, enter into one of the pages and see if on the right sidebar you have any "Translate" section where you can translate the page
3. If the points above don't help, please try to use translation management and see if that makes any difference: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/
If nothing from above works, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.
The private box looks like this: hidden link
I will be waiting for your response.