We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Translating Restrict User access plugin Solution: However, I've started typing "Reports" into the conditions and it returned this page in fact, even though it wasn't available within the dropdown. It seems to be working now - can you have a look and try the same in your site? See images. Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-restrict-user-access-plugin/#post-4385173

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Martynas.V 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 10:44 am #4376863

Martynas.V

Hello,

I am using plugin "Restrict User access" (https://wpml.org/plugin/restrict-user-access/)

For now we have a page with a restriction to login in order to view it. If I change language and set other language page then the first language page is missing and open for everyone.

How to translate this plugin so restricted page would be for both languages?

August 12, 2019 at 11:31 am #4380379

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Even though this plugin is listed as compatible one, I was able to find 0 cases in our archives, so I'm not sure I can find anything I can suggest at this point. Also, my knowledge about this particular plugin is limited, so I'd like to ask you to following:

- install it here:
Login: hidden link
Username: demo
Password: T82OjZEp4e0s

- Configure WPML wizard in the same way it is on your site
- configure that page with the login and tell me how can I do it myself and how to reproduce the issue ( URLs and images would be helpful)

I will then have a look at it and will most likely consult our compatibility team for further testing.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 12, 2019 at 4:02 pm #4382163

Martynas.V

I think it is all set up.

I made "Ataskaitos" page which is restricted to contribute role (at least). And I made translation page "Reports"

hidden link

You can test it with user:
username: test
pass: T82OjZEp4e0s

So how to translate plugin so both "Ataskaitos" and "Reports" would be restricted?

August 13, 2019 at 6:16 am #4385173

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

So how to translate plugin so both "Ataskaitos" and "Reports" would be restricted?

Maybe we don't have to translate the plugin (I see no way to do it anyway - I set these post types to be translatable, but it does not take effect).

However, I've started typing "Reports" into the conditions and it returned this page in fact, even though it wasn't available within the dropdown. It seems to be working now - can you have a look and try the same in your site? See images.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 13, 2019 at 6:39 am #4385283

Martynas.V

My issue is resolved now. Didn't thought about typing it 🙂

Thank you.