This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
March 4, 2019 at 12:59 pm #3268752

sorenD-2

I am trying to translate all my products in the webshop (in woocommerce), but the products won't show in any of the languages other than the original one I created them in (Danish).
Also, I tried translating all the different pages of the site, even though three out of the five pages already were translated. Now, I messed up the look of the front page. The pictures won't show, apart from one. And the pages "Webshop" and "About Us" will only show in Danish.

I have tried following youtube tutorials, as well as your guide in your support page. But no luck.

Feel free to check out the page.

I think it would be easier if you could get temporary access to my site and see the problem yourself. The website is: hidden link

March 6, 2019 at 7:24 am #3277225

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Soren,

Thank you for reaching our the WPML support!

I just checked the Produkter page of your website and tried to select different languages. Each page displayed the translated products with no problem (I can attach some screenshots if you want to see how things look on my side).

Can you tell me if you managed to sort this out in the meantime, please? Or maybe you can send me a link to the page where I can see the problem, if it is still available.

Thanks,
Radu

March 6, 2019 at 8:42 am #3277429

sorenD-2

Hi Radu,
Thanks for getting back to me.

I have two themes that I am working with. The first theme Wasted-Art is for the front page and the product page. The second theme Blaszok is for the webshop. I have made Blaszok my main theme and made the other theme display when entering the front page and the products page, with the Multiple Themes Plugin. However, the URL is in Danish so all the pages in the different languages redirect back to the front page, not allowing me to enter the different pages.

Does it have anything to do with the strings translation?

Hope you can help.

Regards,
Soeren

March 7, 2019 at 12:39 pm #3284420

Radu
Supporter

Hey Soeren,

I'm not sure about if this is causing the issue but the fact that you're trying to use two themes at the same time is not a good idea. WordPress is made to work with just one theme and what this plugin is changing to be able to use two themes might not be that good. This is why I want to ask you to use just one theme for a moment and see if you still have this problem when trying to access the Webshop and you get redirected to the homepage. The String Translation does not make any redirect, it's just scanning the themes and plugins for strings and give you the option to translate them. Please give this change a try and tell me how it works.

Thanks,
Radu

March 7, 2019 at 1:24 pm #3284668

sorenD-2

The reason for the two themes, is that the Wasted-Art theme doesn't support woocommerce, so I had to add another theme for that specific reason. And when I use the Blaszok theme (which is made for the webshop), all the products from the front page and product page disappear. That's why I use the multiple-themes plugin, so I can have them both running.

Do you think you could figure out the problem, if I gave you access to my site? - I need help asap, as the site is up, and none of the remaining languages work, other than the Danish.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
Soeren

March 8, 2019 at 7:33 am #3289672

sorenD-2

Sorry to push you, but this is my last day as an intern and I need this problem fixed asap. Would you please get back to me as soon as you can, and maybe access the site to see the problem?

Best regards

March 8, 2019 at 8:15 am #3289920

Radu
Supporter

Hey Soren,

Don't worry, I don't feel this like a "push" or anything else. I understand that you have a problem that you'd like to be solved. I totally agree to that.However, you have to work with me in order to find the source of the problem. By deactivating the theme, we'll be able to narrow what might be causing the issue. Usually, this sort of problems are caused by a theme/plugin incompatibility so first we have to isolate all the tools that are not related to WPML to make sure that this is a problem from our plugin.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating shop page and content’ is closed to new replies.