This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Amit 8 years, 8 months ago.

Author Posts
July 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm #32783

Amit
Supporter

Have installed the WPML String Translation, have uploaded the es_ES.mo & it is found on the WordPress dashboard, have checked the "Translate by WPML".
Now - I have a simple text widget on my second sidebar which needs to be translated, when I translate it using the "String Translation" & marks translation as completed - it does not appear on the site.
Should I make any changes in the actual DB table (wp_options) or in wp-includes/widgets.php, or am I missing something ?
Thanks

July 20, 2011 at 9:31 pm #32785

Amit
Supporter

Sorry - sorted !

July 21, 2011 at 6:10 pm #32786

Fabiano

Hi, I have exactly the same issue on my website (wordpress). Some strings are translated on WPML, but when I open the site it is not translated.
Even worse, the website was translated to 2 languages. Sometimes one string appears translated in one language, but in English on the other one.
Probably I am doind something wrong, but I am not sure what it is.

July 21, 2011 at 6:23 pm #32787

Amit
Supporter

I am very new to the plugin, but I'll try to help -
If you followed the installation process (uploaded the .mo file, and checked the translate by WPML option) and still it does not work - I have seen another step here on the Forum that you can take - <a href="http://wpml.org/faq/language-setup"></a>, anyway I actually did not use that but double checked the strings are not equal and that all the rest is well configured, and it did work.
Hope that helps

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating simple text widget’ is closed to new replies.