This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.12 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maxL-15 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 6, 2019 at 9:29 pm #4350525

maxL-15

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi there, I am new to WPML. The7 theme should work with WPML. It is so, that I created a new website for one of my customers on a offline domain hidden link. Eventually, when everything is translated, I want to place the copy of the wordpress site in the original domain crystal-colloidaal.nl. But before doing that, I want to make sure that everything is translated well and that there will be no issues while switching domain names to the original ones. I have several domains, crystal-kolloiden.de and crystal-kolloidalen.de for Germany, and so on for the rest of the languages. How can I create it this way, that I can create everything right now in all the languages without it being on the supposed domain already? Also, is it possible to point to several domains for 1 language or just 1? How can I connect the WPML functions the right way that if someone visits the german domain eventually they are seeing the german translations? I am afraid that I cannot create all the languages without moving the offline subdomain to the original live domain. Is that right or am I wrong?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I tried following some WPML links with explanations but they were all for subdomains and I have several main domains.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes, at hidden link or hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

August 7, 2019 at 8:14 am #4352719

maxL-15

Dear Raja I don't see any reply? I got an e-mail that you replied but I don't see anything.

August 7, 2019 at 9:30 am #4353197

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

The mail notification might be related to the chat converted to forum ticket.

If i can understand the issue correctly, It seems you are trying to create a separate domain for each language translation. This is possible with WPML different domains per language settings. We have detailed documentation on how to achieve it.
please refer: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

This requires a primary domain and all the domains for translation should be pointing to the same location and IP of the primary domain. This requires some DNS knowledge you can follow the above document to set up the domains or you can request your hosting provider to help with setting up the DNS for the domains in this case.

Only a single domain can point to a single language it is not possible to point multiple domains to a single language.

I hope this helps you better. let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

August 7, 2019 at 9:40 am #4353255

maxL-15

Hi there, that article that you sent was also the one I didn't understand because they are talking about subdomains and stuff. So I still don't know what the first step is to do when using seperated main domains.

Also, is it possible to point several different domains to a single language when I copy the language and change the code by 1 letter? Because .ch, .com, .co.uk is all English.

As third, is it even possible to translate everything right now on the crystal.loomanit.nl domain and when everything is done use the construction of the main domains? Because it can be visible when everything is translated. We cannot afford that all domains are offline or in another language than the domain is, so we need to build the translations in the subdomain crystal.loomanit.nl first.

August 7, 2019 at 5:22 pm #4357139

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

The link I shared is for the main domains you can also use the same configuration for the subdomain

1) One thing to be noted here is the domains should point to the same location of the primary domain for eg: if you prefer to keep crystal.loomanit.nl as your primary domain then the domains with .com .uk or .fr should all point to the same location to which the primary domain is mapped. Let me know if you have any doubt here

2) It is not possible to point different domains to a single language.

3) You can very well start with the domain crystal.loomanit.nl and do all the translation in that domain itself. Later on, you can add your domains form WPML > Languages > Language URL select "different domains per language option" you will get the provision to add the domain names to a different language. However, this will only work once you have the DNS settings correctly set as per the documentation
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Kind regards
Raja

August 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4357287

maxL-15

Dear Raja, thanks for replying.

I need DE to be the exact same as AT. BE the exact same as NL.

I assume the best thing to do is to make a copy of the translated DE and NL? How can I copy these languages in all translated content I created and assign it to AT and BE?

August 7, 2019 at 6:31 pm #4357385

maxL-15

Also, how can I change the Woocommerce pages in language? hidden link for example.

August 8, 2019 at 5:18 am #4359679

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

You can use the WPML duplicate option to display the translation throughout certain languages. The duplicated translation stay in sync with the original content.

Documentation : https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

If you have the content created in DE duplicate to AT and any changes made in DE will be updated to AT automatically.

You might have to repeat the process for each page for each language.

Alternatively, you can duplicate multiple posts and pages from the WPML -> Translation Management Dashboard page.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/#batch-duplicating

I'm sorry, I don't understand your request on the WooCommerce page. could you please elaborate a bit about it.

Kind regards
Raja

August 12, 2019 at 10:43 am #4380097

maxL-15

Isn't there an option to translate all products for example in the same language as another one? I need all the products in the same language for AT as for DE. Do I really need to open it 1 for 1 on AT and DE to copy paste everything?

Or is there some kind of function that copies all the language files of DE to AT?
Same for all pages etc.

August 12, 2019 at 10:44 am #4380101

maxL-15

On woocommerce pages I meant that now there is a shopping cart in Dutch. That should be in the other languages too. How to translate the shopping cart to other languages? Do I need an extra plugin for that? String translating or so? Or just within the WPML plugin itself?

August 13, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4388045

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Isn't there an option to translate all products for example in the same language as another one?

This is what the Duplication option does for you. Please refer to my previous reply. The documentation has simple steps. if you are stuck please let me know I can help you with it.

Is there some kind of function that copies all the language files of DE to AT?

The above functionality can be achieved by bulk duplication of products.
If you prefer to copy (duplicate) the products to all languages please refer to the steps mentioned in the documentation
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/#batch-duplicating

Translating woocomerce pages are similar to translating other pages and posts, however, to translate the page content of the cart, checkout, etc. For eg: If you want to translate the Table names in cart or translate the checkout button label this can be done from WPML String translation.

Goto WPML > String translation select WooCommerce as string domain and strat translating the string.
Related documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

August 15, 2019 at 8:34 pm #4403311

maxL-15

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!