Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nikita Nanos 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 10, 2017 at 7:55 pm #1397391

Nikita Nanos

I'm trying to translate the sliders for evolv Plus and one does not have a translation option in the back end (Paralax slider under theme options) and the other one, although it has been translated it does not appear on the FR version.

Our site is nanos.co.

October 11, 2017 at 3:17 pm #1398346

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Often times the theme options strings are stored in the admin texts. To check this, please go to WPML > String Translation and scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »". Then, scroll through that page and look for a section titled something like 'theme_mods_yourtheme'. Expand this section and see if you find the slider strings. If so, tick the checkbox and click Apply to add it to the String Translation table. Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there.

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

October 16, 2017 at 2:05 pm #1402108

Nikita Nanos

I've followed the instructions and found and translated the strings. We have 2 sliders on the side one is the Redux Slider which seems to work fine, the other is the Theme4Press slider, which although fully translated does not appear in the FR version.

October 16, 2017 at 3:47 pm #1402310

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

I'm glad to hear the Redux Slider is translating properly. I checked our compatible plugin list and I don't see the Theme4Press Slider listed, so it could very well be that the plugin is not compatible with WPML.

First I would go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content setup and make sure the slider fields are set to translate. If they are set correctly and still not displaying the translation, we can suggest the plugin's author to join our Go Global Program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/). This way, our developers can work directly with their developers to make the two plugins compatible.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 20, 2017 at 12:09 pm #1407048

Nikita Nanos

People who provide website template support solved the issue.