This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by hocineS 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 5:47 pm #4192379

hocineS

Hello

I am trying to: translate my home page main slider text areas. Slider is implemented with Smart Slider 3, so I created a slider with French content then pasted the slider short code into the French home page, then I created another (duplicated) slider with English content and pasted the short code into the english translated home page, basically I implemented this work around here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-can-i-translate-smart-slider-3-slides-texts-httpwww-makocreaciones-es/

But even with this work around still the english content is not displayed and does not appear under the string to translate, so the suggested solution is this code here : https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translating-smart-slider-3-contents/

But I can't figure out where to paste this line of code, which php file file and at what level.

July 11, 2019 at 10:19 pm #4193309

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Both examples that are in the links you posted require you to use two different shortcodes.

As in the second link you posted, the client posted a solution where he edits some file - according to his needs, so that the slider was displayed according to the language that the site was being viewed.

If you have already tried to duplicate the slider and translate the duplicated slider, on the page where you want to display the slider, did you select the duplicated slider (translated one) to be displayed on the front end?

If so, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 13, 2019 at 4:50 am #4202911

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation. How is this slider being added on the page?

For example, if I access the English page and remove the shortcode ([smartslider3 slider=3]) on the page, the slider is still displayed on the secondary language. Maybe this slider is being added/configured to some other part of your theme?

Thank you.

July 13, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4203637

hocineS

Hello

The slider is added to the page by simply pasting the short code into it, and If you remove the short code from the page (both languages) then the whole page get messed up and I don't know why (it was messed up and I had to restore from backup the english home page)

Thx

July 13, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4203639

hocineS

I added a test page and pasted the French slider short code into it and it works fine, and I did the same thing with the English slider short code and it works fine too...see this video here:
hidden link

July 15, 2019 at 6:04 pm #4213953

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

In fact, when removing from a single language, the slider should not be displayed - only in that language, since there are two different pages. So I asked if there was any other configuration where the slider was being added.

On your test page, it looks like this worked correctly, as you have shown in the video. Which leads me further to understand that the slider may be being added some other way or even, the actual slider is not being added through the code that you used within the page. This may be added in some Elementor module, for example.

So that I can check better, please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

Thank you.

July 15, 2019 at 7:29 pm #4214347

hocineS

Hi

I just installed the duplicator, thx

July 17, 2019 at 1:22 am #4224685

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. The problem, in fact, is that this slider was being added using the Elementor itself.

So even altering the internal shortcode (WordPress editor), the shortcode was not changed. Accessing the page in English and clicking to edit using the Elementor, I located where this shortcode was being added. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Strangely, even by editing the page using the Elementor, it looks like the style is being changed. I noticed that it is necessary to save the page again in the original content (home page of the default language) and then, the style will be synchronized with the secondary language. Your site is now working properly.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

July 17, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4232281

hocineS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!