This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ricardo Alday 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
September 21, 2018 at 11:34 am #2755049

Tim

Hello, I am trying to translate a couple of things on a WooCommerce product page. (I have highlighted them on my screenshot attached).

Diego was very helpful before, and was able to find that the breadcrumb was generated by the website theme in the mk_framework textdomain. I'm not sure about the 'PRODUCTS', though.

Unfortunately I am still unable to find either of the strings I need to translate in the WPML plugin - would it be possible to get some help finding them?

An example of a French product page is: hidden link

Many thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Profound

September 24, 2018 at 1:07 pm #2760540

Ricardo Alday

Hi Tim,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
I found the string for the breadcrumbs in WPML -> String Translation. See the attached image below as a reference.

The string for the title seems to have been properly translated in all possible areas as far as I can check. So this might just be a cache issue.
Backup your database and then go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting, in the Troubleshooting page find the "Clean up" section and click the "Clear the cache in WPML" button, the "Fix post types assignments for translations", and the "Recreate ST DB tables" button.

Also, clear WPEngine cache.

Hope that helps,
Ricardo

September 28, 2018 at 3:42 pm #2774356

Tim

Hello,

I went through all of these steps, however these products are still showing the English words as you can see here:

hidden link

Sorry about this - is there any way you can advise further?

Thank you

September 28, 2018 at 6:54 pm #2774698

Ricardo Alday

Thanks. I downloaded a copy of your site to run some test.

Before performing the following please increase the max_input_vars value on your site from 1000 to around 5000 and also increase WP memory. WPML requires at least 128MB.

1. The "Products" string can be found in WPML -> String Translation -> (at the bottom of the page) Translate texts in admin screens »
In the string list find the "Jupiter_options" item and click on it to expand it.
Find the "woocommerce_category_page_title" option. Mark the checkbox next to it to enable it then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click the "Apply" button.
You will be then able to translate the string in WPML -> String Translation.

2. The "Home" string in the breadcrumbs is already translated in WPML -> String Translation but it's not marked as "Translation is complete". See the attached image below as a reference.

Hope that helps,
Ricardo

The topic ‘[Closed] Translating strings in the theme files’ is closed to new replies.