This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by richardD-40 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 4:15 pm #3857099

richardD-40

Hi,

I can not find a specifi text so that I can translate. What happens is:

1) I visit our website as a NON registered user
2) I go to the EN version ( hidden link )
3) I add any product to Cart
4) Proceed to Checkout
5) Scroll down to the field where billing email should be introduced
6) The text in Spanish appears:

Su correo electrónico nos ayuda a dar soporte a su experiencia de compra en Cambrillón.com. Por favor revise nuestra política de privacidad para ver cómo utilizamos sus datos personales. *

The problem is that if I search for the string, the string can not be found, even if I search for it in all domains and not only WooCommerce.

I have even looked for this string in WooCommerce own settings, but can not find the text.
Is there a way in which I can make this string translatable or that WPML can identify it?

I upload a screenshot for further details.

Thanks in advance!

May 21, 2019 at 10:36 pm #3858967

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. This depends on how those strings are being added. First, it is necessary to know if this string is being added in some options page or if this is defined in the theme or plugin.

That is, if you want to change this string, even in the default language, what steps should you follow? Would it be some plugin option?

You can see this by turning off all non-WPML plugins (keep WooCommerce and WooCommerce Multilingual) and checking to see if this string will still be displayed. If yes, then the string is defined in your theme.

Then it is necessary to know if this string is defined in any option or if it is a hard-coded string. If yes, then it would be necessary to make the string translatable using some gettext function: https://codex.wordpress.org/Plugin_API/Filter_Reference/gettext

Thank you.

May 28, 2019 at 7:45 am #3903571

richardD-40

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!