This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.62 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rohan Sadanandan 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 9:46 am #4245449

klimeM

I am trying to:
Everything works great, I have lots of ACF fields and the translation is going perfectly. The only thing I am missing is file translation. You see I have some posts in Macedonian, Albanian and English. Macedonian is the default language. First I write a post in Macedonian that I translate it to other languages using Classic editor. Sometimes I am putting PDF files using ACF repeater field, so they need to be in Macedonian, Albanian and English. When I am translating the page is not giving me possibility to upload the new files for each language but it's just giving me to translate the name of the file. Can I have file upload field instead or I should do this translations in media translations section? It would be much easier to do that with file upload button.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

July 19, 2019 at 3:30 pm #4247147

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

As of now, you need to use Media Translation for translating the media files.

Currently, there is no such feature to upload a file from the Translation Editor.

Please use the following link to our website to submit your suggestion as a feature request:
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

Thanks,
Rohan