Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by victor tio 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
December 11, 2018 at 5:12 am #2987175

victor tio

Tell us what you are trying to do? evidently i have not configured it properly, this issues are happening in all sites, so i need help configuring it correctly, translating content and show in the front end, i could see the content individually translated, but can get them to show through the menus or pages in the front end in some cases like woocommerce content, when i translate product not all content to translate is shown, before I would copy all content, pick translate independently and then translate manually the content, now i can't do that, what am i doing wrong?

Is there any documentation that you are following? wpml documentation

Is there a similar example that we can see? it used to work the way I was familiar with, not anymore

What is the link to your site? hidden link

December 11, 2018 at 8:06 pm #2990263

Bruno

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

I saw that you created this thread in more detail. I'll close your old topic if the other topic is of the same subject. The other topic is about the same problem?

Are you translating the products using Translation Editor or manually using the native WordPress interface? Which parts are not being translated?

>>> when i translate product not all content to translate is shown

Is this some WooCommerce option or is it some other plugin (like an add-on)?

Thank you.

December 12, 2018 at 1:02 pm #2993463

Bruno

As these "Itinerary" fields are third-party plugin/theme, a minor change is required.

On the product page at the bottom of the page, you have a meta-box called "Multilingual Content Setup".

By clicking on the "Show system fields" link a list of options for these fields will be displayed.

For the fields "_tour_content_itinerary" and "_tour_location_address", I set the "Translate" option, so that the fields can be displayed for translation.

For the fields "_tour_location_api_key", "_tour_location_lat", and "_tour_location_long", I set the "Copy" option so that these fields are synchronized (or copied from) with the original language. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Also, in WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration, I've added these lines to make the visual and textarea fields and make the translation easier:

<wpml-config>
    <custom-fields>
        <custom-field action="translate" style="visual">_tour_content_itinerary</custom-field>
        <custom-field action="translate" style="textarea">_tour_location_address</custom-field>
    </custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

You can read more in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

For the second issue you are reporting, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

settings-fields.png
new-fields.png
December 16, 2018 at 1:33 pm #3005668

victor tio

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!