Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Enfold content not showing in translation editor Solution: Content needs to be wrapped exclusively with enfold shortcodes (e.g. [av_textblock]). Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/#an-important-note-about-mixed-content

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by olafM-4 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
October 24, 2019 at 8:35 am

olafM-4

I am trying to: translate a venue page from The Events Calendar pro plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: all sentences from the source (EN) offered for translation in the ATE

Instead, I got: text and content from a page that does not exist

The attached image shows the Venue in English (source). The blockquote text does not arrive in the ATE (right). Instead a different text appears.

October 24, 2019 at 9:49 am
October 24, 2019 at 12:17 pm #4819449

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Can you perhaps create a duplicator package for me? It seems like that the one I created is not working - all the content within wp-content is empty when I deployed it on my localhost. I did notice that there are at least 4 versions of various development websites there, but I'm not sure which one is it. I guess I should have chosen at least one, but I failed to do so.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 24, 2019 at 12:32 pm #4819487

olafM-4

Hi Bruno,
Olaf is cleaning up the server. He will create a new copy for you. "/wpml". Can you pick it up after 20 minutes or so? We are not familiar with the use of Duplicator. We use "WP Staging" to create the copy.
Thank you for your support.
Kind regards
Wolfgang

October 24, 2019 at 12:44 pm #4819683

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Wolfgang,

Sure, no problem, whatever way you use the get me the site copy. I also marked your next reply as private and activated the "duplicator" template which you can simply use to add the URL where you will upload the site.

Or you can simply let me know if I can download this new site directly, let me know what is the location in the dashboard.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 24, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4822873

olafM-4

Bruno, I am not able to send you a copy of our site. I am not familiar with the Duplicator plugin. We made a copy on our server for which you have the credentials. Subdirectory /wpml
The copy works. You can try everything there or fetch another copy. Same credentials for the copy.

October 25, 2019 at 10:20 am #4825927

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I asked our 2nd tier about this and what could be the issue with it, I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 28, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4840723

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

This has been escalated to our 2nd tier team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 31, 2019 at 6:34 am #4860585

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The issue seems to be related to enfold and happens with all shortcodes that starts with "av_" (even if they don't exist). Therefore, can you try one of the following workarounds:

- Remove the "av_"" shortcodes form the post content
- Translate using the manual editor

Our compatibility team is still investigating what is behind this because we are not sure. He

Regards,
Bruno Kos

October 31, 2019 at 4:12 pm #4866021

olafM-4

Hi,
Working without the av.. Shortcodes is like working without a theme. We need to have them to create a nice layout for these pages with meaningful content in the header section of the page. We need to wait until the compatibility issue is resolved. After all, it is said that WPML, ENFOLD Theme, and The Events Calendar are compatible. Probably this is an area that has been forgotten in the development. It isn't the first thing we discovered. We also found that "Custom Fields" had been forgotten. This was fixed in an update. Please stay on this until the developers see what the issue is.

November 1, 2019 at 8:11 am #4868667

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have some more information:
hidden link

Can you check how the content is set up now? It is wrapped exclusively with enfold shortcodes (e.g. [av_textblock]) and now it seems that this new content is showing up in translation editor.

This seems to be related to this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/#an-important-note-about-mixed-content

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 1, 2019 at 3:36 pm #4872071

olafM-4

Hi,
You found a way to make the venue page translatable. This is a good workaround until wpml has fixed the issue in an update. Good. However, the translated venue page does not show the list of events for the venue. So the translation doesn’t really translate the function, just the text components. Would be good to get this resolved in the next update by wpml.
Laura from wpml support team has the ticket to check why events do not show up in the venue page in the other languages. She has not found anything yet. Maybe you can help close both tickets with a solution or a promise for a patch.
Thank you for working on this difficult issue.
PS
We have a holiday in Italy today.

November 2, 2019 at 8:28 am #4873767

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Actually, according to this, there isn't anything to fix and what we provided here is not a workaround - it is how it works:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-integration-with-page-builders-that-use-shortcodes/#an-important-note-about-mixed-content

And the venues seems to be showing up here:
hidden link

So on German language. As for the other issue Laura is handling, that case is also escalated to compatibility team, so you will have to wait and update from them, we cannot work on the same issue in the two different tickets.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 4, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4882221

olafM-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! Using the shortcode [av_textblock] to encapsulate text helps ATE to find the text and insert the translation into the venue pages in other languages. This solution should be integrated in the next WPML (or ENFOLD) update. Not sure which one is the better solution.
However, the problem remains, that the events are not listed on the translated venue page. The respective support ticket was opened a week ago. I hope a solution will soon be found.