Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

The problem: User needed to be able to translate the content of the top bar from Mega Project theme.

The solution: Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" AddOn installed please follow these steps: - Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization" - Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active - Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings" - Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Read more: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 5 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
June 14, 2015 at 5:21 am #637733

Skylark Studio

Here is the site that is being translated to russian: hidden link

I need to be able to translate the content of the top bar (where facebook icon is) and the header itself, with three sections there: Contact Us, Direct phone, and Email Us.

I've installed Translation management plugin and String Translation plugin for WPML and even there I cannot find which string should I translate to have the header and top bar translated.

Please advise how can it be translated.
Thanks a lot.

June 15, 2015 at 10:32 am #638300

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello Elijah,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

1. Could you please upgrade your WordPress site installation?

2. Provided that you have the "WPML String Translation" AddOn installed please follow these steps:
- Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
- Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
- Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings"
- Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate and enter + save your translations

3. If this doesn't work, and maybe you are introducing this information via Theme options, you'll need to create a wpml-config.xml file where you specified that those fields are available for translation.
You can find more information here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Does it point you in the right direction?
Andrés

June 15, 2015 at 6:36 pm #638899

Skylark Studio

Thanks, much appreciated.

June 16, 2015 at 8:06 am #639189

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

I'm glad to hear it worked.
Have a nice day