This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Unable to translate the page slugs used by the "Theme My Login" plugin.

Solution: Not a solution but a workaround. Theme My Login has many redirect options and filters that might interfere with WPML and it is not in our compatibility list. Even though the slugs can be translated through WPML -> String Translation, the plugin will only use the ones specified in the default language because it does not check if there are any translations for those.

One option is to use the plugin's hooks to insert the desired text via PHP and make it translatable.

Another option is to use a similar compatible plugin called Clean Login: https://wordpress.org/plugins/clean-login/ It's already in our official compatibility list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) and they provide a guide for its WPML configuration: http://codection.com/clean-login-wpml-compatibility/

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by shirleyN-3 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ricardo Alday.

Author Posts
October 13, 2018 at 12:37 pm #2814115

shirleyN-3

I am trying to: translate the pages using Theme My Login Slugs

I expected to see: all text can be translated.

Instead, I got: the german text can not be translated.

October 15, 2018 at 3:17 pm #2818094

Ricardo Alday

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.
It looks like WPML language cookies are not being stored on the browser when I visit your site. This could be the cause. Please go to WPML -> Languages -> Language filtering for AJAX operations, and enable the "Store a language cookie to support language filtering for AJAX" option.

Let me know if that helps,
Ricardo

October 15, 2018 at 4:34 pm #2818301

shirleyN-3

Hi Alday,

unfortunately, it doesn't solve the problem.
The text are not translated.

Regards
Shirley

October 15, 2018 at 6:51 pm #2818544

Ricardo Alday

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

October 15, 2018 at 7:19 pm #2818584

Ricardo Alday

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

October 16, 2018 at 6:17 pm #2822089

Ricardo Alday

Thanks for the information.
I search through the "Theme My Login" to find the cause. The plugin takes the slugs from the pages set in Theme My Login -> Allgemein -> Slugs, and it redirects to those pages not matter what the language.
For example, if you visite the English registration page: hidden link and look at the source code, you will notice that the page ID in the body class is that of the German version of the page. So what is in fact loading, is the German version. The form is translated because it's generated through the plugin shortcoded.

Even though the slugs can be translated through WPML -> String Translation, the plugin will only use the ones specified in the default language because it does not check if there are any translatios for those.

Theme My Login has many redirect options and filters that might interfere with WPML and it is not in our compatibility list.

One option is to use the plugin's hooks to insert the blue text "Eine Bestellung ist nur...." via PHP and make it translatable.

Another option is to use a similar compatible plugin called Clean Login: https://wordpress.org/plugins/clean-login/ It's already in our official compatibility list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/) and they provide a guide for its WPML configuration: hidden link

October 17, 2018 at 7:49 am #2823589

shirleyN-3

thank you for your reply.
Furthermore, I will contact the support of this plugin.