Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting
This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|January 27, 2020 at 10:25 am #5368867|
I am working on test.tussenin.eu. Its a site under development. I would like to change texts like "add to cart" into "order/info" etc. I have been trying everything but for some reason i can't find how to change those texts.
|January 27, 2020 at 4:40 pm #5371705|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)
Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will be happy to help you with this.
First of all, thank you very much for your patience and sorry to have you waiting - there is a very full ticket queue at the moment and it takes us a bit more than usual to answer tickets.
Now, regarding your request:
The way to translate those strings really depends on how they have been implemented in the code.
1. Can you please let me know if you tried to go to WPML > String Translation and search for any of the words in those sentences?
Here is some very helpful documentation on how to use the String Translation plugin:
2. If the strings are not in WPML > String Translation, it could help if you scan the plugin/theme that's generating the strings and then go back to WPML > String Translation and see if the strings show up:
This link might help, too, in case you added any strings directly in the code:
3. If you can't find it inside the WPML > String Translation, it might be added as admin text.
This should be the normal process to translate admin texts:
4. If you still can't find it using the solutions above, you can try to use the "Auto register strings for translation" feature from the bottom of the WPML > String Translation page and after you enable that, visit the front-end page where those strings are displayed (refresh the page) and then go to WPML > String Translation and search for the strings again and they should show up.
5. If you still can't find it, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.
The private box looks like this: hidden link
I will be waiting for your response.