Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tunde Maria Kovacs 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Bobby.

Author Posts
March 9, 2023 at 8:21 pm #13210823

Tunde Maria Kovacs

Hi! We have talk previously as I am trying to translate a term or finding a solution to see English translation from dropdown menu (Attachment) Is there a way I can translate terms from this menu as I want to access my English home page. I know the plugin is not adapted for WPML but as I can see the French pages, it would be very helpful to be able to select a translation. Thank you!

Conversio Bot.png
March 10, 2023 at 12:49 am #13212341

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi there,

I reviewed your previous ticket and can see that the plugin's dev team verified they are not compatible with WPML.

Unfortuantely it is not possible to "translate" the content of the dropdown in the backend as it looks like it pulls the IDs from pages.

When reviewing the drop down pages are you able to at least see both languages listed there?

For example, if you have a page Contact with a translation to French as Contact FR do you see both listed?

What about when you use the language switcher in the admin top header to change language does the page list show the corresponding language?

You can also recommend to the plugin developers to join our go global program where we can help them become compatible with WPML
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/go-global-program/

March 10, 2023 at 1:40 am #13212557

Tunde Maria Kovacs

Thank you! In the drop down, I only see the French language. For the attachment I sent you is from the dashboard, I cannot access the language switcher if this make sense unless there's another way?

March 10, 2023 at 7:56 pm #13220709

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

I am referring to the switcher in the admin bar, let me know your results.

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 11.55.34 AM.png
March 10, 2023 at 8:06 pm #13220753

Tunde Maria Kovacs

Hi! it's working to select in English, I am trying to figure out to have it on all pages in French and English now

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.