This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: If I enter the translation, I can see it’s completed, but still it does not show among the translated pages. I can see the pages over Translation Management as complete.

Solution: #1 Install under Plugins -> All Plugins the "Duplicate Post" plugin #2 Clone the affected page/portfolio using "Duplicate" when moving the mouse cursor to the page #3 Delete the old page/portfolio #4 Publish Draft #5 Finish translation with 100% (You will not lose the saved translations)

Relevant Documentation: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-post/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by patriziam-5 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 1:07 pm #4307805

patriziam-5

If i enter again the translation i can see it’s completed (so no content lost) but still it does not show among the translated pages.
If i go to Translation Management i can see the page as completed.
I have this problem in one page (Listino prezzi) and for a project (Il limone)
WPML Multilingual CMS version is 4.2.7.1
Memory limit is 128M for both WPML and WordPress.
The main language is Italian and the translation is in English.

Let me know if you need any further information by my side.
Thank you
Patrizia

July 30, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4309191

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Patrizia,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

So you mean you have the page translated, but instead of the pencil icon, it still shows the "+" icon? Is the translation already saved with 100%?

I would eventually also need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

✙ Please add the Links to the […] Edit Screen, the Page/Post where you insert the […] and the corresponding Front End Page/Screen

Best Marcel

August 8, 2019 at 10:12 am #4361667

patriziam-5

Hi Marcel
so sorry I get back to you so late but I did not received any email about your reply (I will check it here more often).
Migration is completed.
Waiting for yours
Thank you
Patrizia

August 12, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4381213

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Patrizia,

Thanks for the information. Please try the following workaround. It worked on my Cloudways installation:

#1 Install under Plugins -> All Plugins the "Duplicate Post" plugin
#2 Clone the affected page/portfolio using "Duplica" when moving the mouse cursor to the page
#3 Delete the old page/portfolio
#4 Publish Draft
#5 Finish translation with 100% (You will not lose the saved translations)

Best Marcel

August 13, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4388739

patriziam-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!