Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I was just checking all english for missing translations (tables) and found several where the english translation (tables) is shown on the page, but is missing in the translation editor. Solution:

• open the product you send to me (in English);
  • move to the Danish version;
  • add a translation for the English table (where the field was empty) - using ATE from the right side of the page;
  • check the Translation is complete box at the bottom of the page;
  • hit the Save & close button.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by linetteV 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 23, 2019 at 11:52 am #3663391

linetteV

Hello

I have a problem which appears on several pages. Example have a look at page: hidden link (the english version = second version)

The problems is:

1. The headlines of the tables, is in danish - but the translation boxes is empty, so why is the danish text shown?

2. No 2 table is also shown in danish - and the translation box is empty. This is a problem on several pages, because the english table has been added, and now its dissapeared, and the danish version is shown instead. First I added all the english tables to all pages, and then my client told me about this problem with empty translation boxes, and danish tables shown instead, so once again I added the english tables to the pages with the error, and now again they are missing. What is happening?

I am missing the last update, but the problem was before also.

April 23, 2019 at 12:39 pm #3663941

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Linette,

Nice you see you again!

As far as I understand, you'd like to not have some elements (like the table headlines) in the English translation so you left some fields empty. Can you tell me if you tried to add a blank space in the translation field instead? This might do the trick. If you never tried to do this before, just give it a shot now and tell me how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

April 23, 2019 at 1:19 pm #3664259

linetteV

Hello Radu

No I do not want them to be empty. I just don't understand why they are shown on danish on the english version. Is it normal that if the tekst is not translated that it shows in the orginal language on the second language?

And the second problem is that I have already added the english tablets, but its shown in danish, and in translation is empty. this problem is on several pages, and as I said before, I have added the english tables twice, and now its empty again?

April 24, 2019 at 8:07 am #3670147

Radu
Supporter

Hey Linette,

Is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at these elements, please? This way I'll be able to see how they are created and I'm sure that we'll find a solution or an explanation about why is this happening. I set the next message to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

April 25, 2019 at 9:21 am #3680427

Radu
Supporter

Hey Linette,

When there's no translation for a text field, the content from the original page is displayed. Can you tell me what did you expected to happen in this case, please? Maybe we can do something about it and make it work that way.

Thanks,
Radu

April 25, 2019 at 10:06 am #3680963

linetteV

Hey Radu,

I thought it just would be empty. But its okay, now I know.

But the problem is, that I have already added content to these empty fields. And some of them I have added 2 times, because the first time it disapeared, and now the content is gone again. So something is happening, and we need to find out if it is something we do, or its something the system does.

Examples where the problem is:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

April 26, 2019 at 12:43 pm #3690733

Radu
Supporter

Hey Linette,

Let's take this product, for example hidden link. I just added a header just for the first table and it works fine. Can you check this out? Is it working fine or is there any problem I should see?

Thanks,
Radu

April 26, 2019 at 2:34 pm #3691571

linetteV

Hello Radu

That is not the problem. The problem, is that I have added the table in english to the translation box, but it disapeared, so now the translation field is empty, and on the frontend, its showing the danish table. I have added the table twice, and it has disapeard both times. And this has happend on other products also. So I need to find out what is wrong, before I add the translation again.

Can you find out what is going wrong. It looks like the system is deleting the translated content.

Thanks,
Linette

April 29, 2019 at 11:01 am #3702387

linetteV

Hello again

I was just checking all english for missing translations (tables) and found several where the english translation (tables) is shown on the page, but is missing in the translation editor.

This is proof that we have added the translation, but its disapeard in the translation editor. Something is wrong, and I really hope you have the time today to have a look, so we can fix this. As I wrote ealier, I have already added the tables twice, and now I have to do it the 3. time, but before I do that I really want to find out where the error is, so I do not have to do it for the 4. time.

Have a look at these 2 examples: hidden link
hidden link

My client is not satisfied with me, because of this problem, so I really hope you can help me today.

Thank you so much

BR
Linette

April 29, 2019 at 12:38 pm #3703207

Radu
Supporter

Hey Linette,

I was checking your ticket the moment you wrote me so I started over checking on this. Let's get this product: hidden link. Can you send me here the translation that should be added for the table, please? I just want to add the translation by myself and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Radu

April 29, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3703377

linetteV

The translation is shown on the page (frontend) so you can copy it from there.

hidden link

But I am adding text to other pages where the translation also shows on the page (frontend), but are missing on the translation editor, and it works fine. But the problem is that the other times I have added the text, is was there, but suddenly it was not, so that is the big question.

April 30, 2019 at 10:59 am #3710515

Radu
Supporter

Hey Linette,

I just:

• opened the product you send to me (in English);
  • moved to the Danish version;
  • add a translation for the English table (where the field was empty) - using ATE from the right side of the page;
  • check the Translation is complete box at the bottom of the page;
  • hit the Save & close button.

Now, the English version is showing the content I just added and the translation field is no longer empty. Can you check this out and tell me how it looks on your side? Also, is this the way that you created the translations too? I'm thinking that maybe you were creating the translations a different way and the problem you described appeared.

Thanks,
Radu

May 2, 2019 at 12:01 pm #3724277

linetteV

Hallo again

It is the same way I have added the translations. But now I have added the missing translations again to all the products with the issue. And I think that instead of you trying to tricker the problem, we will just pay attention to see if it happens again, and if it does I will get back to you.

Thank you for your help.

Linette

May 2, 2019 at 12:02 pm #3724301

linetteV

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!