Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 6:21 pm #4909299

stephanieH-14

I am trying to:
Select the Services (or any other category of pages, other than Page) to export for translation

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
A list of all pages under Services

Instead, I got:
After I select "Service" in the filter, and click on the "Filter" button, the page refreshes but has reset to "Page" (which is what we see after opening the Translation Dashboard.

November 9, 2019 at 7:17 pm #4919053

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

If possible please go to WPML->Translation Management->Right click and inspect the page->Click on the console tab-> Filter and share with me if there are any errors within your console.

Also please check if this is happening with just the Service filter or all of the options.

November 11, 2019 at 11:37 am #4924515

stephanieH-14

Hi Bobby,
As per attached, there are no error messages displayed, and I can confirm the same experience exists for all selections in that dropdown (i.e. when I select anything in the dropdown and click on the filter button, the webpage refreshes and the "Page" selection is the only one presented.

November 11, 2019 at 8:34 pm #4928099

Bobby
Supporter

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

November 12, 2019 at 9:07 pm #4934909

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details!

I was able to create a duplicator package to test this issue in a local environment as from a first look the issue seemed to be possibly related to a 3rd party plugin compatibility issue.

After testing with the dup package on my local environment though I noticed that the filter is working well and as expected with all the plugins activated as they are on the live site.

This points me to your server or a possible caching issue.

1. Are you currently using any caching rules on your server? What are your results after you clear your cache

2. Review the following thread where the user opposite to disabling their server-side cache instead they enabled it and it worked again as expected

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-management-dashboard-filter-not-working/#post-3338031

Let me know your results, please.

November 12, 2019 at 9:37 pm #4935071

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

After some more research on your server *Pantheon* I was able to find a known issue between Pantheon and WPML causing this behavior.

due to cookies not being handled correctly because of Pantheon's caching requirements.

This was resolved with the release of WPML 4.3, and when examining the Cookies on your site they are set with the new standards, therefore, the issue should not be happening at the moment.

If possible as a test please do clear your server-side cache and let me know your results.

Related thread:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-cookies-incompatible-with-pantheon/

November 14, 2019 at 9:14 am #4944849

stephanieH-14

Hi - we have removed the removed the cache but the issue still persists. As per the 2nd ticket that you shared, it seems that this is still an open issue.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-cookies-incompatible-with-pantheon/page/2/

Can you ask the development team when this issue is expected to be resolved?

November 15, 2019 at 5:17 am #4951121

Bobby
Supporter

I am waiting on an update from our developers team and I will be updating you soon.

November 15, 2019 at 7:45 pm #4956443

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

Your hosting provider asked us for a "wp-" prefix as this was what was causing the issue.

Our developers have added the wp- prefix as of the 4.3.2 version, which has marked this issue as resolved.

If possible please contact your host provider and let me know their feedback

November 19, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4973073

stephanieH-14

Hi Bobby,
The team confirmed the version we are using is 4.3.3 and the cookie is properly called wp-wpml_current_admin_language_d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e

Any other suggestions?

From reading the other threads, it seems like this solution did not resolve this for other teams, so we are keen to understand how we can resolve this ASAP.

November 19, 2019 at 9:12 pm #4975867

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

The reason this is happening is due to the way the cookies were being handled by pantheon.
With WPML adding the prefix wp- to the cookie as it has been confirmed by your host this should be resolved.

At the moment I believe there might be some server-side cache causing this behavior, what is your host's feedback when you ask them to take a look at the server-side cache regarding this?

Another client mentioned that they were not able to see the issue fixed due to the cache.

NOTE: I have updated our developers regarding this issue as well. If possible please ask Pantheon to confirm the server-side cache has been cleared.

Also, i do see that this is a staging environment, are you able to create a new staging environment with Pantheon using these latest versions of WPML to check this issue to exclude caching being involved.

November 20, 2019 at 9:38 am #4978253

stephanieH-14

Hi Bobby,
as per previous note, we had confirmed the server-side cache had been cleared, and our host has confirmed this is still an issue. We are also using the latest version of the WP plugin,, so not sure what else we can do around this.

thanks.

November 21, 2019 at 12:06 am #4984797

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

The issue is resolved once your site is migrated to either my local environment or our staging environments on Cloudways.

Therefore it still stands that this is an issue caused by your host provider Pantheon rather than a bug in WPML.

Your host provided us with steps to resolve this due to their caching rules which we have made and have had other users on Pantheon reporting to us that this has worked.

At the moment this is related to your host provider's cache handling, and we are limited to solutions from our side without their intervention.

Additionally, I did create a test environment with Pantheon and can verify your results.

I will update our developers on this situation but at the moment it would be faster resolved if you were to update Pantheon as well and maybe receive some feedback on why this is still happening when we have done what was asked from our side fulfilling their requirements.

November 25, 2019 at 12:02 pm #5011735

stephanieH-14

I've logged a ticket with the team at Pantheon and they have requested more insight into the cookie issue referred to above.
Can you provide a greater insight into this cookie issue, as there is no knowledge in Pantheon regarding this issue between Pantheon and WPML.

November 25, 2019 at 6:13 pm #5016249

Bobby
Supporter

Hi There,

Thank you for contacting Pantheon, and for your patience.

We were able to find the issue which was that some instances were still missing the prefix wp-

To fix this, you should go to
\sitepress-multilingual-cms\inc\translation-management\translation-management.class.php

Change Line 414,Line 418,Line 419,Line 423,Line 426 for all occurrences of translation_dashboard_filter to wp-translation_dashboard_filter

In \wpml-translation-management\menu\wpml-tm-menus-management.php

Change Line 209 and 210 for all occurrences of
translation_dashboard_filter to wp-translation_dashboard_filte

Please let me know your results.

If you wish for me to perform the above steps review the current SFTP access details as i was not able to access your server at the moment.