This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by torbenM 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 9, 2019 at 9:34 am #4169023

torbenM

I am trying to: Translate the Menu

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: internal

I expected to see: Menu style as shown in Menu_de.png

Instead, I got: Menu style as shown in Menu_en.png

Another question: The site is operated internally and has no Internet access, so I can not activate WPML. Can there be problems in the future?

July 9, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4170537

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

This seems like a conflict with any of your plugin or theme.

Please try the basic debugging steps.

- Backup your site and database
- Deactivate all non-wpml plugin, Check if the issue persists, if the issue is sorted try activating the plugins one by one to see identify the conflicting plugin

- If the deactivating plugin doesn't help change the theme to any of the WordPress default themes like Twenty fifteen check if the issue persists.

Please Share the results.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to activate the site without internet access, Without internet access, it is not possible to get Automatic updated to the plugin. So you might need to update the plugins manually each time.

Update: Kindly apologize, it is possible to activate the WPML plugin by defining the key in the wp-config.php file.
- Register your site from https://wpml.org/account/sites/
- Obtain the key for your site
- Open the wp-config.php add the below code to the file

define( 'OTGS_INSTALLER_SITE_KEY_WPML', 'your-site-key' );

Kind regards
Raja

July 12, 2019 at 6:20 am #4195491

torbenM

My issue is resolved now. I could fix this issue by adding a new menu for my second language. The activation via config.php works fine. Thank you!