This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 7:11 am

darioD-15

I got the correct translation of the page hidden link (that is the translation of hidden link )in firefox, while in google chrome and in safari, only 2 strings are translated. this is very strange...

August 26, 2019 at 7:27 am
August 26, 2019 at 10:33 am #4457713

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello there,

I am unable to connect with you on chat, I will continue to help you here.

I checked your issue I am unable to see the translation in any of the browsers. ( even in firefox ) make sure the browser is not automatically translating the site content.

Please confirm whether you have followed the translation instructions from their official documentation hidden link

Share with us the screenshot of the partially translated text of the support page hidden link, Let me know the exact string which is displaying as translated in firefox browser but not in other browsers.

Let me know the details.

Kind regards
Raja

August 26, 2019 at 11:06 am #4457877

darioD-15

You are right, I got translated page for some that was cached in firefox, now I got only 2 string translated in all browser. I follow steps in official documentation of the plugin. Maybe, I translated the .po and .mo files of the plugin, not the strings in string translator... it could be this that do not let translation to works?

August 26, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4459675

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Please proceed with the string translation, Since it is the recommended way as per the plugin documentation, Make sure to the translation has completed status, clear the cache to see better results.

Let me know if you still need further assistance.

August 26, 2019 at 3:51 pm #4460243

darioD-15

I did string translation loading the .po file. But I cannot find all string. Now from 52 item to translate they became more than 1000

August 26, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4460247

darioD-15

and in any case I have only the same 2 string translated

August 27, 2019 at 7:15 am #4463221

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Did you import the .po files from WPML > String translation? Could you please explain how the PO files are added? Share a screenshot of the same.

It sounds like PO files are not properly added.

August 28, 2019 at 7:08 am #4471523

darioD-15

I translated it manually

August 29, 2019 at 4:20 am #4477799

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I am still checking on this, Found that the plugin strings are not scanned properly. testing it further.

August 29, 2019 at 6:36 am #4477997

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

This sounds like a compatibility issue to me, Please upload the Fast Support plugin to the sandbox site link provided below try to recreate the issue.

One Click Login:hidden link

WPML is already installed please complete the configuration process
- Configure the site with two languages
- Create the support forum in two language and share the link

Let me know once done.

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation do not works correctly on different browser’ is closed to new replies.