This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
January 25, 2019 at 9:10 am #3128267

borisM-13

I am trying to: Update a page in the original language (in my case, German) and update 2nd language version (English) afterwards.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

Not duplicate as we could not resolve this last time.

I expected to see:
The translated text on the English page.
"Unparalleled in Life Science Communication"

Instead, I got:
The German text on the English page, with no way to fix it through WPML.
"In der Life-Science-Kommunikation sind wir einzigartig"

As per your suggestion we updated WPML and increased memory. However, the problem persists.

Please note: there is a htaccess restriction on the website and I have no way to give you that login confidentially. Please let me know how to do that.

January 25, 2019 at 9:00 pm #3130543

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Can you please tell me how this content is created? Is it build with a page builder, and if so, what type of element is it?

I have marked the next reply as private so that you may share the htaccess password so that I can see where this is happening. Thanks!

January 31, 2019 at 2:16 pm #3148249

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thanks for sending me access. I updated the special heading in the original page and then saved the original. I then saw that an update was needed for the translated home page. There, I saw the special heading. I translated it, and marked all fields as 100% translated and saved the translation. Now the translation is showing correctly on your English home page.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.