This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 10:27 am #2784166

evaR-3

Hi,

After uploading the translation files, the translated pages are emtpy. When I check the pages in the translation editor, however, the text is translated. The original pages are built with Visual Composer.
Could this behaviour be related to the 40M memory limit of WordPress (see screenshot).

Kind regards,
Jens

October 5, 2018 at 5:55 am #2789589

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

Yes, this may be because of the memory limit. Please, could you increase the memory limit for WordPress? To do it, please open the wp-config.php file in the root of your WordPress installation and after the opening PHP tag, add these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

E.g.:

<?php

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Then save the file and using your FTP client, upload wp-config.php to your server. After following these steps, please let me know if the problem persists.

Thank you.

October 8, 2018 at 2:34 pm #2796447

evaR-3

We increased the memory limit, after which I manually reset WPML. Then, I configured it again, but the following error message appeared:

Array
(
    [language] => de
    [context] => page-builder-shortcode-strings-134
    [gettext_context] => 
    [domain_name_context_md5] => 1131ee53306bbc2f059520511aeabf3d
    [name] => 99b4ff1ffb64b74b996ff474f1804db4
    [value] => 
Thermografie

[status] => 0
    [translation_priority] => optional
    [allow_empty_value] => 
)

Could you fix this error?

Kind regards
Jens

October 8, 2018 at 5:01 pm #2796995

evaR-3

Hi Bruno

I could managa to solve the last error (8 October). However, the first error is still not solved, despite the 256M WordPress memory limit.

Kind regards
Jens

October 9, 2018 at 12:15 am #2797586

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Jens,

To be able to verify what may be happening, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation doesn't appear on page’ is closed to new replies.