This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 4:05 am #4018359

Wolfgang Männel

Hello,
how can I remove the "refresh duplication" icon of a post? I translated this article from English to German but originally duplicating the content. But how can I "unlink" this duplication feature now?
Thank you!

June 14, 2019 at 5:03 am #4018585

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Wolfgang,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

That icon does not mean that your translation is a duplicated, what it means is that you may need to refresh your translation. Let's imagine that you have modified your original page, you added a new paragraph or you edited some content, thus, your translation needs to be updated as well.

For answering to your question, to make your duplicated page independent, go to your translation and edit it. At the moment you do it, an alert will pop up warning you that your duplicated page will become independent.

If that alert does not pop-up, it means that your translation is already independent.
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Best regards,
Andrés

June 14, 2019 at 6:18 am #4018653

Wolfgang Männel

Hello Andrés, thanks for your quick response. That's the behavior that I thought would happen, but for some reason, it doesn't seem to. I did make the translation but the button still remains. Attached is what shows up in WordPress.

June 14, 2019 at 6:21 am #4018701

Andrés
Supporter

Perfect! According to your screenshot, your page is already independent and seems to be working fine.

Would you please explain me the issue in case I haven't understand it correctly?

June 14, 2019 at 6:22 am #4018703

Wolfgang Männel

Maybe it's nothing but I was wondering why the refresh icon instead of the edit/pen icons is still shown in my posts. See my first screenshot.

June 14, 2019 at 6:31 am #4018719

Andrés
Supporter

I may be a cache issue as on your second screenshot appears as a pencil. 🙂

June 14, 2019 at 7:52 am #4019041

Wolfgang Männel

We'll it's still a refresh icon in the post list view but it doesn't seem to be an issue. Thanks!

June 14, 2019 at 8:01 am #4019085

Andrés
Supporter

Have a nice day! 🙂
Regards