This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
January 15, 2019 at 12:09 pm #3092618

Adriano

Hi Andrés,

how are you? It's been a while since I wrote to you 🙂

I'm having a bit of a problem with the translation of a page.

These are the steps I did to find the problem:
- created a new page
- inserted elements (title, image, text, button)
- translated the page in all languages ​​to 100%
- modified and eliminated some elements
- tried to complete the translation but the elements to be translated are still the old ones, including the SEO, and I can not in any way update them. Even the old elements, which I had translated, are back in Italian.

I've already cleaned up the database (revisions, auto drafts, delete posts, optimize tables), cleaned up the server cache, cleaned up the browser cache.

We have already solved a similar problem in these old topics:
https://wpml.org/es/forums/topic/los-campos-de-traduccion-no-se-muestran-se-muestran-aleatoriamente/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translation-fields-notrandomly-displayed/#post-1420868
https://wpml.org/es/forums/topic/la-traduccion-no-se-guarda/

Can you help me?

Best regards,
Adriano

January 15, 2019 at 3:52 pm #3093810

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Ciao Adriano,

Come va ? 🙂

Let's try the following and check if this time it works:

- Open your translation with our WPML Translation editor.
- Edit it and finish it as it is (mark it as 100% Translated).
- Go to the original page. You should see a pencil in front of every translation.
- Make a small change in the original page, for example, add an extra blank space at the end of a sentence/paragraph in any of the blocks created with your Page Builder.
- Update /Save your post.
- You should now see that a circular arrow appears beside the 2nd languages links, this means that an update is required.
- Edit the translation again. When you open the editor for the translated post, you should now see the post content to be translated.
Does it work this time?

Best regards,
Andrés

January 16, 2019 at 2:08 pm #3098107

Adriano

Ciao Andrés,

todo bien, ¿cómo estás?

I followed all steps that you kindly indicated me, but I still have the same problem 🙁

- in the translate editor there is an old revision (which I had already deleted)
- I translated the page in all languages to 100%, pencils appeared, but if I return to a translation I find the translation at 84% or 38%, all the translated words have been lost ...

I do not understand why the page does not want to be translated.

Best regards,
Adriano

January 16, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3098501

Andrés
Supporter

Hey Adriano,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your test site to take a better look at the issue. Could you please indicate me how to replicate this behaviour?

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

*Important: Be sure to backup your site and database first before you proceed!
You can use a plugin for this if you like. You can use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

If you don't see the form below, pelase don't add your credentials as they will be publicly exposed:
hidden link

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

January 18, 2019 at 12:33 pm #3105949

Andrés
Supporter

Hello Adriano,

If all our clients could provide us instructions so clear as you do, our life would be easier! 😀

However, I still have some questions. This is what I have done:
- I opened the "Eventi Carnevale 2019" page in Italian.
- I opened its English translation.
- I have changed the translation for "core/file" from "Download" to "Download [WPML]".
- I save the page and close it.
- When I reopen again, the translation is kept.

Am I missing something?

Regards

January 18, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3106359

Adriano

Hola Andrés,

by computer scientist I try to be as clear as possible, so you can find the solution ?

Ok it seems that the problem of storing the translation is now saved.

The problem is that I have two versions of the page:

new: hidden link
old: hidden link

- in the old version the size of the image is reduced and the button is the old one.

- in the translations there are different words

core/file "download" isn't used

instead I do not find in the translations the element: <div class="vc_btn3-container vc_btn3-center"><a class="vc_general vc_btn3 vc_btn3-size-md vc_btn3-shape-rounded vc_btn3-style-modern vc_btn3-icon-right vc_btn3-color-grey" title="Carnival events 2019.pdf" href="hidden link" download="">Carnival events 2019.pdf<i class="vc_btn3-icon fa fa-arrow-down"></a></div>

Since the elements of the original page and the translations are not the same, I can not translate them.

Best regards,
Adriano

January 18, 2019 at 7:50 pm #3107186

Andrés
Supporter

And I appreciate it all your help! 🙂

I visited both pages and I can see the difference on the button. However, just one thing, I tried to access to the original page and you were working on it, thus I couldn't give it a look. I did access to your Spanish translation and there are two things that call my attention:
- I didn't access to the translation with WPML TE.
- The structure was different (screenshot) and reflects what it is display on the front-end.

As I couldn't access to the original, I can't tell if this is normal or if you edit the Spanish translation directly from WordPress editor. Was it the case?

If so, you would need to manually modify your button translation using WP/WP Bakery editor.
If it is not the case, let me know when I can access to your page. 🙂

Ciao!
Andrés