This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Is there a way to scan the content from the translation page and update the translation editor Solution:

#1 Please open the default language and make a small edit (Text). #2 Now open the translated version in the Translation Editor. This should refresh the page and load the newest content. The pencil icon will change to "update available".

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
July 14, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4205637

Nicolas

Hi,

I was using WPML before translation editor was supporting page builders. So we edited pages in each language separately. Now in the meantime we would like to use the translation editor, for new content this works fine. But as soon as we would like to edit an old existing translation, the translation editor has not the latest content in it. Is there a way to scan the content from the translation page and update the translation editor?

Thank you for your help.

July 15, 2019 at 8:07 am #4208133

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

You can try the following:

#1 Please open the default language and make a small edit (Text).
#2 Now open the translated version in the Translation Editor. This should refresh the page and load the newest content. The pencil icon will change to "update available".

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Best Marcel

July 17, 2019 at 11:35 am #4229475

Nicolas

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!