This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 7:11 pm

johanS-22

I am trying to: translate pages

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: translation editor with all text fields

Instead, I got:only media

This is with all my pages.

April 30, 2019 at 10:13 pm #3715077

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support.

On your screenshot I can see that you are uisng the Classic Translation Editor in order to translate the WooCommerce Checkout page.

Usually, you should be able to see here the title, as you currentloy do and a field for the WooCommerce Shortcode of this page which is [woocommerce_checkout].

The status screen of WooCommerce Multilingual (WCML) indicates here the following:
Sommige instellingen van het bestand WooCommerce Multilingual wpml-config.xml zijn overschreven.
U dient de WPML configuratiebestanden te controleren die toegevoegd zijn door andere plugins of handmatige instellingen in het Meertalige inhoud configureren gedeelte.

Aangepast veld _stock configuratie van wpml-config.xml bestand is gewijzigd!

Some plugin or user error must have caused a misconfiguration of WooCommerce Multilingual. The custom field _stock configuration of wpml-config.xml file has been changed. The filed was set to "Copy" and I was able to set it to "Ignore" by adding a custom XML configuration inside of the WPML settings.
As WooCommerce Multilingual does not duplicate products, this setting is mandatory in order to not run in any issues. Any prodcut translation refers here to the same product and same stock.

Another issue on the WCML status screen indicates this:
Om de producttaxonomieën of atributen in te stellen als wel of niet vertaalbaar, ga naar Meertalige inhoud configureren
I also applied here the recommended setting inside of the WPML settings for the taxonomy translation.

Anyhow, this did not solve the issue with the WPML Translation Editor. POssibly, the issue is here linked to the Beaver Builder.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation editor is only showing media to translate, no text’ is closed to new replies.