This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 8:00 am #2795025

erikD-15

Hi

We have found a bug in Translation Editor.

On a localhost where no other plugin is installed, just WPML, String translation & Translation Management. I created 3 languagues - English (default), Danish & Icelandic.

I created a post in Danish and translated it to english. After translation, I switched to english post. I have a Icelandic translator who only understands english so I would like to send him english version of translation to translate. When I try to translate it from English to Icelandic I see flag with Danish & title and content in english.
hidden link

Totally opposite thing happened with our live site - uniconta.com
Original post is in Danish, translated to Global(english) and then sent translation from global to another language. In the translation editor, it showed flag of global but text in danish.
hidden link

Not sure what's happening. If you need any more details please let me know.

Thanks
Parul.

October 9, 2018 at 9:08 am #2799070

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Parul,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

For your kind updates, it is an expected result. Because we have limitations to create a translation from a second language to the third language. One of the major reason for it is while using Page Builders if the page was associated with the second language then there were no page builder strings to translate.

So the page will be created as a translation of the original and there will be only one original language. But the translations will be linked properly. Please check the attached image and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation editor language mismatch’ is closed to new replies.