This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
September 26, 2019 at 4:03 am #4643427

ansonC

Dear support:

After I finish the English content, I then click on the PENCIL icon, it uses to take me to the translation editor (the side by side page) but now it just opens the page in the other language.

I have recorded a video to explain:
hidden link

Could you please tell me how to fix this asap? It was working perfectly fine before, and not sure what happened, then it stopped taking me to the translation editor

Here is the backend login:
hidden link
user name: ***
password: ***

September 26, 2019 at 4:35 pm #4649025

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

First of all, thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay - there's a good amount of tickets in our queue so it takes a bit longer to respond.

Now, regarding the issue that you are currently experiencing, from what I can see, there is something weird happening at the moment even if all the settings are ok from what I can see.

This feels to me that it might be a compatibility issue between WPML and one of the active plugins or the theme that you are using.

At the moment, it seems that you first need to click "Edit" on the "English" version (I am attaching a screenshot) and then you need to click the pencil edit icon from the right area inside the edit page - that way, it will open the translation in WPML Classic Translation Editor.

What you can try to do and see if anything changes is to follow the steps below:

1. Create a full website backup

2. Please go here (hidden link) and update everything to the latest version

3. Then please follow the steps below:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to recreate the issue now

Please let me know how that goes and if following any of these steps solved your issue or brought any change.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei