This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yuri 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
March 12, 2018 at 7:34 pm #1544021

Reinhard

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hi there, I created a site and translated the site in two other languages. It is the first time that I am using the translation editor. This is really cool but I have a problem. I have sites I want to translate individually and manually because of longer text I need to redesign some sites. I miss a button where I can tell a site not to use the translation editor or to stop using the translation editor.
Every time I am open a site in a different language a message told me to use the translation editor. And if I am open the translation editor all translated text will be replaced with the core language. This is really strange and confusing and I am scared to hand out this site to my customer when he will do changes on the text and he presses the wrong button.

So please tell me how can I tell a site it will be translated individually / manually?
How can I tell a site back to be a part of the translation editor?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
yep

Is there a similar example that we can see?
nope

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

kind regards R.

March 13, 2018 at 9:03 am #1544452

Yuri

Hi, currently, WPML only allows the option to switch to manual translation or the Translation editor for the entire site without distinguishing from specific records or custom post types. This configuration can be found on WPML > Translation Management > Multilingual Setup > "How to translate posts and pages" by changing it to "Create translations manually".

March 13, 2018 at 9:18 am #1544472

Reinhard

So I can not switch a site to manually translated? This is my problem. I translated with translation editor and need to change only sites to be translated manually. In earlier versions of wpml I could change this option inside a page I guess.

thanks for help
kind regards R.

March 13, 2018 at 11:57 pm #1545359

Yuri

Hi, currently you are only able to switch this for the entire site and all content types.