Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrey 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrey.

Author Posts
November 23, 2017 at 1:27 pm #1439333

daniel-pillingerj

I am trying to:
Translate an Elementor Page using the Translation Editor. Some text-fields contain HTML-tags (like <p>, <a>, <span>,...) which are removed if the Visual-Editor is used. If the translation is done by using the Text-Editor on both sides, the text can be copied and everything works as expected.
The problem also occurs if there is a correct text with tags on the translated (right) side. If the mode of a field is switched from Text to Visual and back to Text again, some of the tags (mainly <p>, <a> and <span>) are missing which breaks the formatting of the translated page. (Since Elementor seems to add a <p> tag around each Text-block by default this problem occurs even if a text-widget only contains a single paragraph.)

Attached images:
1. Correct translation using the Text-Editor.
2. Switching to the Visual-Editor.
3. Switching back to Text-Editor -> The surrounding <p>-tag is gone.

This problem seems to be similar to the ticket below which was never resolved?https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wrong-text-formatting-after-translation/

Thanks

November 25, 2017 at 10:51 am #1441124

Andrey
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Russian (Русский )

Timezone: Europe/Kiev (GMT+02:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

We're aware of this issue and have already forwarded it to our Themes & Plugins Compatibility Team for further investigating and contacting the author if needed. Please note that this process may take a while.

A temporary workaround is to use the Text-Editor.

I've added your ticket to our notes, and I'll update you here as soon as I have any news on this.