Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 12:06 pm #4938699

florinD-3

Hi there,

the first problem we face is that we can't change the german courtesy form, as we have different ones. Where can we change „Folgendes könnte dich auch intressieren...“ for example? We didn't find it.

The other problem we have is an error in the string-translation-section. It accured after we deleted a plugin. How can that be? Should be solved please.

Thank you and
BR
Florin

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

November 14, 2019 at 11:40 am #4946261

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

1. Forms
I see that you have installed Contact Form 7. Is this the form plugin that you are using to create the "german courtesy form"

If so, please review this documentation on how to use Contact Form 7 with WPML
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

If you are still having problems to translate the form, or if the form is not created with Contact Form 7, then please write back with a URL to the form on your site and the plugin that is being used to create it.

2. String Translartion
The messages that are appearing on your String Translation screen are coming from wordpress. They may be showing up on the String Translation screen because the plugin uses native wordpress localization functions to create .mo files and it seems that there are missing files in some cases (?).

Are you finding that String Translation is not working? Or are you writing because of the error messages that are appearing?

Thanks for clarifying.

November 19, 2019 at 7:26 am #4968881

florinD-3

Hi Yvette,

1. You misunderstood the question completely. With form I meant the "Courtesy form of the german language" - If you don't know what the courtesy form is, please translate it and answer my question then.

2. I am writing concerning both, problem with the string translation and the error messages.
How can we find out the missing files? And could it become a problem in the future?

Thank you,
Florin

November 19, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4972609

Yvette
Supporter

1. Courtesy form
So I understand that this "„Folgendes könnte dich auch intressieren.." is a string that you want to translate but is not appearing in the String Translation table.

Is that it?

If you are not finding a string in the table, then you need to track down where this string is coming from (theme/plugin) and try scanning it here: WPML > Theme and plugin localization

If the string is properly localised using gettext() format, then the scan will insert it into the table and make it available to you for translation.

If the string is NOT properly localised then it will not appear and you will need to track down where this string is originating from and open a compatibility ticket with us on the support forum. If possible, we will provide a workaround for you.

2. Warning/Error messages
I would need to see the messages more up close to better answer your question.Temporary

Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

November 19, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4972865

Yvette
Supporter

1. German courtsey form
Let´s try one more time and hope the 3rd time is the "charm".
Please send me a screenshot and navigation link to where this German text is being displayed on either the frontend of your site or the dashboard.

Maybe then I can finally understand what needs to be done.

2. Access
Thanks it works andI will check the messages.

November 19, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4973299

florinD-3

1. I attached a screenshot - its basically when you are in your shopping basket and you scroll to the end. Here: hidden link - It should be "Folgendes könnte Sie auch interessieren..." NOT "Folgendes könnte dich auch interessieren..."

2. Great thank you!

November 20, 2019 at 11:31 am #4979445

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

Much better! A picture really is worth a thousand words.

I found the string in your theme domain (see image).
I´ve gone ahead and changed it for you.

While I was looking for the strings, I scanned more plugins and I´m now not getting any of those messages in the String Tranlsation screen. Are you?

November 21, 2019 at 9:22 am #4986265

florinD-3

Hi Yvette,

Thank you very much!
And the problem error is also not showing anymore, great.

Have a nice day! 🙂
BR
Florin

November 21, 2019 at 2:27 pm #4989313

Yvette
Supporter

Glad to have helped - closing the ticket as resolved.