This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 28, 2019 at 11:39 am

florinD-3

I am trying to: Translate the footer in english, but the right part was just deleted

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The normal translation

Instead, I got: a deleted part

How can that be?

Thanks in advance!! You help me a lot.

BR
Florin

June 28, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4107513

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Florin,

As I can see, the first column from the footer is missing from the English page. Can you try to delete the fist widget from the Deutsch version of the page and create again the translation, please? As I can see, the translation for the other two columns is working very well.

Thanks,
Radu

June 29, 2019 at 9:02 am #4111397

florinD-3

Hi Radu,

What do you mean with deleting the first widget? I dont think that this is the solution of the problem. We had a similar problem with the translation of an english button. The problem is just the very right one that just disappears.

BR
Florin

July 1, 2019 at 11:57 am #4118561

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Florin,

I solved the mystery 🙂

It seems that the first widget was set to be displayed only in Deutsch (using the selector from the end of the widget in Appearance → Widgets). Now I set it to be displayed in all the languages and everything is back to normal on English. Can you check this out, please?

Thanks,
Radu