This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 2:35 am

brandont-4

I am trying to: add a translation (Urdu)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: When I'm on the translation page, I only see the fields for the media on the page. I am using the AppArt theme from ThemeForest with Elementor

Instead, I got: hidden link

August 23, 2019 at 5:46 am
August 23, 2019 at 10:47 am #4445957

brandont-4

I restored yesterday's backup, reinstalled wmpl, went through all the setup even the elementor notification as well, but when i go too translate my homepage, i only see media. i don't see any content to be translated from my theme (which is supposed to be wpml compatible).

See attached.

August 23, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4448155

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Thank you for the credentials - I was able to successfully log into the backend of the site and see the issue.

It seems that this other client was experiencing the same issue on Elementor while using the same theme that you are using.

Can you please follow the conversation in the link below and the steps recommended by my colleague?

Here is the link:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/cant-edit-certain-sections-on-website/

Please let me know how that goes.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 25, 2019 at 8:42 am #4453583

brandont-4

I followed all the steps, updated all plugins, cleared cache, disabled all plugins except WPML, switched to default theme and was still unable to translate the homepage.

The author of the theme said that the theme is fully compatible with WPML and that no special setup is needed

August 26, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4458713

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you very much for trying those steps.

From what I was able to find, the theme that you are using (AppArt) is not part of our official WPML-compatible themes directory here (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/) and that means that our developers never had the chance to work with the developers of the theme and test this theme with WPML so that we can confirm a 100% compatibility status with the WPML products.

While some themes or plugins might be 100% compatible with WPML even if they are missing from the official WPML-compatible directories, most of them are partially-compatible with WPML and they need further work to improve the compatibility up to a 100% status.

We are also using Elementor in the mix, together with the theme and the WPML products so somewhere in the middle, there might be an incompatibility issue.

1. First of all, I'd suggest you contact the plugin authors and recommend them to join our 'Go Global' program (https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/) where our Compatibility developers will help them make their plugin 100% compatible with WPML for free.

2. Now, going forward, our interest is also to get things working on your site, too, so, in order to advance on this, I created a sandbox testing environment on the link below (one-click login):
hidden link

WPML + the WPML add-ons are already installed and I set up the same languages like the ones on the live site, all I would need from you is to install the theme and try to recreate the issue (the idea of a clean sandbox environment is to avoid as much as possible to add any other extra plugins that are not needed, so we would need just the WPML plugins and whatever is needed to recreate the issue - theme and/or plugin/s).

In our case, I need you to install the theme that you are using, the Elementor plugin and try to recreate the issue.

If the issue is going to happen on our servers, too, that's when I can forward this to our Compatibility team as I think this might be a compatibility issue after all.

Will you please let me know when that's done and what is the result so that we can move forward with this?

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

September 7, 2019 at 3:04 am #4528311

brandont-4

The installation has expired. Is there someone on your team that can just login to our site and fix it? Once again, the theme developer has suggested that the theme is already adapted for WPML and he has no reported issues from other customers.

Please help. Spent good money on your plugin but we still have to manually translate the pages...

September 9, 2019 at 10:23 am #4535915

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I'll take over this ticket since Mihai is on vacations and won't be able to answer for a few days. I hope this is ok with you.

Try this new sandbox instead: hidden link

the sandbox sites are deleted after 7 days of inactivity, that's why you found it expired.

I suspect the problem is not with the theme but with the plugin "premium add-ons for elementor".

The widget might not be registered and ic can try to do so myself or ask a developer from our compatibility team to do so if my method doesn't work.

In order to do that, please add only 1 widget per page of the ones you are not seeing translated and i can try to see what's going on and hopefully register them for you.

Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation fields are not showing up from my website’ is closed to new replies.