This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thomasW-22 6 days, 10 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
October 8, 2019 at 3:16 pm #4716753

thomasW-22

That's all I can see within my Translations. No Text, no fields - nothing
Thomas

October 8, 2019 at 7:47 pm #4717919

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

Please try the following steps and let me know your results:

1. Go to pages/posts -> Edit the default language.
2. Make a small change and update the page.
3. Click on the loading circle to update the translation

Are you able to see the rest of the fields now?

October 9, 2019 at 6:38 am #4719883

thomasW-22

Well, this solution I have already found, but it does not help at all. The fields still disapear.

October 9, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4724475

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Which theme and page builder are you using?

For the fields to appear there needs to be a wpml-config.xml file present in your theme's root directory.
Are you using a child theme by any chance? If yes please go to the parent directory and verify that the wpml-config.xml file is present.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to test the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

**Before we proceed I recommend taking FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you enter is private which means only you and I have access to it.

NOTE: If access to the live site is not possible and the staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin.

Thank you,
Bobby

October 9, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4725107

thomasW-22

Well, we made a descission today, that I will uninstall WPML the next days, delete a tables of wpml and installation details and than I will make a new install (without the converting of polylang to wpml).
It seems like one of our developers hasn't understand the progress of the translations and setup new pages for each translation .
I have deceided to delete all of this stuff andstart over with a clear installation

Thx for your help until here 🙂
regards
Thomas