Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ahmed Ibrahim 4 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ahmed Ibrahim.

Author Posts
July 16, 2015 at 6:07 am #660295

francoisB

I am trying to: View translated archives pages

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: The posts in German

Instead, I got: a white page - no content

I have 3 languages on the site but when I go to new.euro-divers.com/2015/06/ and then want to switch to German or French I get a 404 error page. In fact, it's not even a 404 page because not even the error message shows up.

Can you help me with this please?

Thanks in advance

July 16, 2015 at 1:41 pm #660734

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for contacting our support forum .

The latest version of WPML currently is 3.2.2, and the update to that version is manual only - and only for people that are not using IcanLocalize translation service.
You can read more here: https://wpml.org/2015/06/wpml-3-2-released/ and check out the video showing the update process.

Then please go to your Permalink Settings and try it with the "Month and name" permalink .

If the problem still exists, please try it with only WPML plugins and one of the WP default themes .

Please let me know if that helps .
Best Regards.

July 17, 2015 at 6:12 am #661160

francoisB

Hello Ahmed,

And thank you for your reply.

I updated all the WPML plugins but still the same problem remains.

WPML Media: Version 2.1.12
WPML Sticky Links: Version 1.3.12
WPML String Translation: Version 2.2.2
WPML Multilingual CMS: Version 3.2.2

July 18, 2015 at 8:49 am #661858

francoisB

Also tried it with the "Month and name" permalink - same result

July 20, 2015 at 7:00 am #662221

Ahmed Ibrahim
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Arabic (العربية )

Timezone: Africa/Cairo (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for your reply .

This problem could be a compatibility problem with your theme or one of your plugins , So we need to test it with minimal environment , which means only WPML Plugins is active with one of the default themes.

If you find your problem still exists with the default theme , Could you please provide me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site in order to provide a better help. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

+ Please make sure that you have a full backup of your website and database. (Please don't ignore this)!
+ It'd be great if you give me an access for a test site where the problem is replicated.

Best Regards.

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation for archive pages?’ is closed to new replies.