This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.71 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 9:26 am #3689187

gabrielaC-5

The translation Text of the newsletter is showing " </p><p><span> and </span></p><p>" on the english version of this website.

Also it won't show the project images correctli of the portfolio on the english version.

You can find both issues on this URL.
For the newsletter please scroll all down.

hidden link

April 26, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3691521

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

2.- Please provide the debug information of the site. In this link you will find the steps to follow: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

3.- Regarding the issue of the portfolio images, as this is a different problem I kindly ask you to create a new ticket describing this issue and assign it directly to me. This way we will be following the forum's rule of one ticket per issue, it will also help future clients to find answers to similar questions and you will get a better support experience.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Kind regards,
Carlos

April 26, 2019 at 3:11 pm #3691905

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

1.- Before we continue I need to ask you to update all outdated plugins and themes. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Please double check if the issue persists after the steps above.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Regards,
Carlos

April 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm #3692287

gabrielaC-5

Hi Carlos,

I have updated all the plugins and themes.
The issue is still there.

Then i used your code, as you said above the /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ but it would brake my website. I needed to delete the code to bring my website to work again.

April 26, 2019 at 7:28 pm #3693031

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you veyr much for your message.

I increased the memory limit in the site, it seems you were copying the line numbers generated before the code generated by the code tags 🙂

Regarding the issue, I solved the issue by updating the translation and removing the html tags in the Classic Translation Editor. This are the steps I followed:
- I edited the page in the original language -> Made a small change -> Saved the changes -> Updated the translation and removed the html tags -> Saved the translation.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?
Regards,
Carlos