This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.25 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4458225
ahmede-28

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to translate text from english to arabic .

1 ) I want to translate "related products on product page" to arabic . I made translation on wpml string but that doesnt reflect on the arabic site . attached photo .

2) same issue with checkout form translation for the fields titles . photo attached too .

3) on checkout page there is " sold by " and following same issue , it doesnt show the translated one on the arabic page .

What is the link to your site? test3.m3roud.sd

New threads created by Jamal and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-checkout-fields-does-not-translate-from-english-to-arabic/

August 26, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4458371

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

The chat was converted to a forum ticket due to inactivity.

Please go to WPML->Theme and plugins localization and scan again WooCommerce and your theme. Then translate again all occurrences of these strings in WPML->String Translation. I assume that the strings were translated as plugin strings and were pulled as theme strings.

If this does not help, please check theme options as per this article
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

August 27, 2019 at 12:02 pm #4466193

ahmede-28

Hi

Yes i have done that but still nothing got translated . For example "FULL NAME" fields in the checkout page when going to the arabic version page .

August 27, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4466421

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Best regards,
Jamal

August 27, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4467929

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Finally, after several debugging, We found that the issue is caused by the Cache. Here what I did so far:
1. Translated some remaining "RELATED PRODUCTS" strings.
2. Scan the themes and several plugins for strings.
3. Check customizer and admin strings for "RELATED PRODUCTS" string
Always purging lightspeed cache (Purge All).

Deleting strings from ST and refresh a product page, the string is not registered again.

I Installed Show Current Template to check the responsible template. The theme uses its own function to show related products, that calls woocommerce function to show related products, the template that is used is /woocommerce/single-product/related.php. It is not revealed by the plugin.

I Installed File Manager to override the woocommerce template in child theme /woocommerce/single-product/related.php. The string is always not registered even if all domains are checked for auto registration.

Deactivate the option to assume

Finally, we came to the responsible feature "LSCache" please purge the cache with "Purge LSCache" as shown in the attached image. And using mo files in WPML->Theme&plugins localization as shown in the attached image.

Right now, the Light Speed Cache plugin is deactivated.

Some fields in checkout were translated also, but still, remain the "Full name" and "Sold by".
Translate full name under admin string To no avail:
- icl_admin_options[inspire_checkout_fields_settings][billing][billing_first_name][label]
- icl_admin_options[wc_fields_billing][billing_first_name][label]

Translated one occurrence of Sold By.

For bother strings, either it is a plugin that is causing this issue or the theme. I would like to isolate this from all your website. Please use the following URL to login to one of our servers. Configure WPML and upload your theme and the required plugins to reproduce the "FULL NAME" and Sold By errors. Then let us fix them.
hidden link

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 8:06 am #4471707

ahmede-28

Hi

Thank you yeah looks some fields been fixed but remaining the fullname , sold by .

another issue lots of pages now shows 404 for example the checkout of arabic :
hidden link
attached image . what is the cause of that ?

August 28, 2019 at 9:01 am #4472669

ahmede-28

Hi

I have uploaded the theme to the sandbox server as mentioned . you may test there

August 28, 2019 at 9:27 am #4472741

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Changing settings in WPML->Theme and plugins localization to "Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation and always load .mo files as backup" seems to resolve the 404 issues on the Arabic checkout page.

Please translate the checkout page in the test server to Arabic to see if the strings will be translated or not. I'll continue my investigation then.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 28, 2019 at 7:09 pm #4476669

ahmede-28

Hi

I have done that and translated the checkout , after woocommerce update , the form got back to the english fields and even the translation you have made , reset to the english . what have happened / >?? as i wasnt able to apply the translation from english to arabic

August 29, 2019 at 11:09 am #4480391

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. It appears like switching translation to mo files won't be a solution. It has side effects. I noticed 404 error on several pages, the error appears sometimes after a refresh.

I believe that there are probably other issues that interfere with these strings translations. The website have currently 44 plugins. At least WC Vendors Marketplace and M3roud Checkout Fields Editor are needed to build the Checkout page. They may not be related to the "Related products" translation issue.
Because we will need to do different test scenarios to resolve this ticket issues, I suggest that we continue investigating the "Related products" issue here and resolve the checkout page issues in another ticket.

To investigate the "Related products" issue, please:
1. "Recreate ST DB cache table" in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting. And visit a pr
2. Visit a product page to get the string registered again for translation.
3. Translate the string in WPML->String Translation.
Then, please check if this issue appears when:
- Only WPML plugins are activated. It will tell us if there is an interaction issue with another plugin.
- The theme is set to a WordPress default like Twenty Fourteen. Its will tell us if there is an interaction issue with your theme.
- If the problem disappears, start activating one at the time to track where the incompatibility is produced.

To investigate the Checkout page issue, we will need to the same without deactivating "WC Vendors Marketplace and M3roud Checkout Fields Editor". Please let me know if you are ok to split this ticket and have a new one to resolve checkout page translation.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 30, 2019 at 4:34 pm #4488365
ahmede-28

Hi

I have tried the translation on test3.m3roud.sd and the related products got translated into arabic . HOwver i wasnt able to test the checkout field translations becouse i am getting 404

It is okay to separate the ticket , but the 404 page wasnt there before and it appeared after the previous change you were testing . any idea about the cause for that ?

September 2, 2019 at 2:09 pm #4497597

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I split two tickets for checkout issues and the 404 errors that appeared after our last change. I will be posting my replies in each of them.

If you have managed to resolve the "Related products" string translation, I'll kindly ask you to mark this ticket as resolved.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 4, 2019 at 8:23 am #4509211

ahmede-28

Hi ,

it got solved on this but when i tried to replicate your steps on the production , that didnt work .

if you may share with me the steps u made for editing the admin translation items to change the relater product translation

September 4, 2019 at 10:42 am #4510213

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

This document explains how to find and make translatable any theme or plugin option
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-theme-options/

I use a trick to find easily the string(because sometimes they are under a collapsed section). I open developers tools and go to the element tab, then I search(Ctrl+F) for the string.

But the "Related products" string was not there. It was pulled from WooCommerce directly.

I suspect that the cache is still returning the original string instead of the translation. Can you try to purge all caches including LS-Cache?
https://wpml.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/4467929-purge_ls_ache.png

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation for Wo Commerce components’ is closed to new replies.