This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 9, 2019 at 3:27 pm

alexandreM-31

I am trying to:
Translate my homepage from French to English. I'm using the Advanced Translation Editor where I've translated 100% of the content and 'delivered' it just like I did for portuguesse but the content keeps showing in French on my website
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The content in English
Instead, I got:
The content in French

August 12, 2019 at 6:12 am #4378481

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Alexandre,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you created any other redirects on your website except for the ones from here, please? hidden link. I was trying to change the language structure from language parameter to directory, but when I'm trying to access the English homepage, I'm getting redirected to hidden link, even though I disabled the redirect. I'm just investigating this one step-by-step in order to find out why is the English version not working properly.

Thanks,
Radu

August 12, 2019 at 10:08 am #4379941

alexandreM-31

Hello Radu,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I have error 404 and 301 redirections. Nothing else.

Thank you

Alexandre

August 13, 2019 at 1:14 pm #4388357

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexandre,

Can you go to Dashboard → WPML → String translation, search for the pieces of text that are not translated, and make sure that the Translate is complete is checked for them, please? I just tried to do this for the first paragraph from the homepage and it works fine when I check the English version.

Thanks,
Radu

August 13, 2019 at 4:42 pm #4389699

alexandreM-31

Hello Radu,

Indeed it works but I don't understand the logic behind it.. I've already ticked the boxes in the Advanced Translation Editor.. Am I doing something wrong ?
Is there anyway to check all the boxes as complete ?
Thank you

Alexandre

August 14, 2019 at 7:15 am #4392839

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexandre,

Can you tell me if you checked all the Translation is complete boxes in String translation, please? I'm asking this because I can see that the translations are working fine now and I was wondering if you did this for all the pages or if you found a different trick.

Thanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 8:50 am #4393591

alexandreM-31

Yes I checked a lot of boxes (not all of them) to resolve this quickly.. but I'm still looking for an "easy" solution

August 14, 2019 at 10:18 am #4394095

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexandre,

Can you send me a link to a page where this issue is still available so I can have a look and see if if there's any easier solution, please?

THanks,
Radu

August 14, 2019 at 12:20 pm #4394773

alexandreM-31

Sure, on this page:
hidden link
The section below "COURSE UNFOLDING"

August 19, 2019 at 11:01 am #4415447

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexandre,

The issue you're having on your website might be related to a know issue in the ATE.

Can you try to apply the steps presented by my colleague here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/some-sentence-in-the-page-are-not-translated/#post-3523263 and tell me if you still see the original strings in the English page, please? I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

August 19, 2019 at 1:27 pm #4416463

alexandreM-31

Hello Radu,
Thank you for your message. I just tried the steps above and it didn't work and it would seem that now my previous fix has disappeared.. everything is back to French eventhought restored the backup

August 22, 2019 at 8:56 am #4437653

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexandre,

I had another look at your website but I still couldn't find why is this happening. In this case, could you follow the steps presented on this article https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ so I can create a local copy of your website and have a closer look, please? Just simply generate the duplicator package, upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox (or any other storage), and send me here the link (it will not be publicly visible).

Thanks,
Radu

August 26, 2019 at 1:21 pm #4459169

alexandreM-31

Hello,
Sorry for my late reply. Here is the file:
hidden link

Thank you

Alexandre

August 30, 2019 at 11:47 am #4486905

Radu
Supporter

Hey Alexandre,

I tried a couple times to use the package you send to me but had no luck with it. I finally found that it misses a lot of elements. Can you make sure that you didn't create a package only for the database, please? The archive size is pretty small.

Can you create again the duplicator package, please? It should have a couple hundred megabytes or even one or two gigabytes. You can give me a message back once the package is created and I'll log into the dashboard area to download it.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation from French to English not taken into account’ is closed to new replies.