This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 12:57 pm #4664691

konstantinosS-10

Hello,

I have a local - staging - production process. I want to translate the staging first and then when the translation is ready, I need to push it to the production...I don't want to duplicate my staging website with a plugin...I just want to push the translation part to the production website.
I want to know if there is any other way. Perhaps WPML generates some files that a can add to my repository and when I do changes then commit that changes to the production website.

I'm using subversion for the development process.

October 2, 2019 at 12:36 pm #4680145

konstantinosS-10

Hello,
There is no way to get the tables from database from stg and add it to the new website?

October 2, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4680205

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

you can export tables with a tool like PHPMyAdmin and import them in the production database, just be aware of the possible differences that could be overwritten.

You might want to get assistance from your hosting about this since WPML doesn't manage this kind of export.