Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I use Gravity forms for my forms. In these forms, I use a hidden field with radio buttons to set the language of the user. I need this for the subscription in mailing-lists. In the main language (Dutch), I checked the radio button Dutch. So the value is set to Dutch when the form is completed. But I can’t edit this in my translation, because I can only translate fields and values.

Solution: Due to the structure of these forms, you can only translate the strings, but can't change any option, like the one you asked about.

The only trick that I can think about is to create two different forms, one for each language, and use them on each language of the page. This way you'll be able to select the value of the hidden field on each form.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/gravity-forms-multilingual/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by guyB-5 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
January 20, 2021 at 3:46 pm #7889261

guyB-5

I’m building a site in two language with WPML.
I use Gravity forms for my forms.
In these forms I use a hidden field with radiobuttons to set the language of the user. I need this for the subscription in mailing-lists.
In the main language (Dutch), I checked the radiobutton Dutch. So the value is set to Dutch when the form is completed. But I can’t edit this in my translation, because I can only translate fields and values. Is it possible to also change the checked state of the hidden field to the other language (French) in the translated form?

January 21, 2021 at 3:09 pm #7898137

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I'm afraid that you can't make a change like this. Due to the structure of these forms, you can only translate the strings, but can't change any option, like the one you asked about.

The only trick that I can think about is to create two different forms, one for each language, and use them on each language of the page. This way you'll be able to select the value of the hidden field on each form. This is the only "trick" that I can think about for the request you have.

Thanks,
Radu

January 24, 2021 at 7:47 am #7914511

guyB-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!