This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidB-47 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 2, 2019 at 2:26 pm

davidB-47

I am trying to: when I translate the header part of the page to french, the translation is not showing up

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: instead of (Company Your Best Memories Are Often Captured At Home) it should be (Société Vos meilleurs souvenirs sont souvent capturés à la maison)

Instead, I got: not showing

August 2, 2019 at 5:29 pm #4331903

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. We need to increase the MaxInputVars to 50000 - currently, you have them set at 1000.

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 50000;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 50000;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 50000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

3. From what I can see, you are using the "King Composer" content builder but I was not able to find it in our official WPML-compatible plugins repository here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

So my guess is that this might be a compatibility issue.

Also, when I went here on the French translation of that page (hidden link), the English content still shows up in the field (if you scroll down a bit) and even if I tried to replace it with another content and save the page, the same content remains there.

Also, if we go to WPML > String Translation and search for "memories", we will find one result (I will attach a screenshot) so that looks like it is already translated but it still doesn't show up.

Can you please try this and see if the same issue still happens:

- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons (also leave enabled the plugins needed to create the content)
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again so that you can understand which plugin is causing that issue

If the issue happens even with the non-WPML plugins disabled:

- leave all the non-WPML plugins deactivated
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- try to recreate the issue now

4. If nothing will change, we will need to recreate the issue on one of our test servers and after that, I will be able to forward this situation to our Compatibility team.

Please let me know what you will be able to find.

I will be waiting for your response.

PS: Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 2, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4332023

davidB-47

Hello Mihai, i tried what you told me same issue and for the string translation, you saw that i already translated gutenberg-399 but it's not showing on the site, with the default theme i can't see this header part.

August 5, 2019 at 11:30 am #4340093

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation.

I created a sandbox testing environment on the link below (one-click login):
hidden link

WPML + the WPML add-ons are already installed (WPML + the WPML add-ons are already installed and I set up the same languages like the ones on the live site), all I would need from you is to install the theme that you are using + the plugins needed to recreate the issue (the idea of a clean sandbox environment is to avoid as much as possible to add any other extra plugins that are not needed, so we would need just the WPML plugins and whatever is needed to recreate the issue.

If you will be able to recreate the issue on our servers, too, that's when I can forward this to our Compatibility team.

Will you please let me know when that's done and what is the result so that we can move forward with this?

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

August 5, 2019 at 4:08 pm #4341853

davidB-47

i tried to replicate my site to your dev, please take a look, now you can reproduce the issue that i have.

August 6, 2019 at 12:49 pm #4347599

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

From what I can see, you probably used a plugin and migrated/duplicated your site on our clean sandbox and now we can't even access the normal one-click login method (hidden link).

Probably I was not clear enough but what I would need you to do is something different: to manually replicate the issue on our servers (not to duplicate the site over).

Practically, I would need you to install the theme and the plugins that are needed to replicate the issue by simply:

- logging into the WordPress admin area
- go to themes (hidden link) and upload+activate the theme
- and then go to Plugins (hidden link) and upload+activate/configure the plugins needed to replicate the issue (I think all you might need to install for the plugins area is just "KingComposer" but if I'm wrong, please correct me).

Then just create a new page and try to replicate the issue without any other extra plugins (what we try to avoid with a sandbox setup is to have a lot of other plugins installed in the same time or any custom coding that was made on the live server).

We just need to test with the WPML plugins and with the theme+plugins (if required) that are needed to replicate the issue.

I hope that I've been a bit clearer this time but please let me know if you still don't understand what do I mean.

I created a new sandbox and you can access it on the link below:
hidden link

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 6, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4348361

davidB-47

Hello Mihai, sorry about that :S
i was able to upload the theme and reproduce the issue.

thank you again

August 6, 2019 at 4:33 pm #4349621

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you!

I have escalated this to the Compatibility team and I will get back to you as soon as I have more feedback on this matter.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 7, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4356063

davidB-47

Hello Mihai, any update concerning the issue?

August 7, 2019 at 4:10 pm #4356715

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Yes, I got a response from the Compatibility team.

It seems that there is a system custom field: _bunch_header_settings, which is set to "copy" by the theme's wpml-config.xml file.

All you need to do is this:

1. Create a full website backup
2. Log in via FTP and go to your site's directory > wp-content/themes/intenax/wpml-config.xml
3. Open that file and replace it with this code:

<wpml-config>
    <custom-fields>
        <custom-field action="copy">_bunch_seo_settings</custom-field>			
        <custom-field action="copy">_bunch_layout_settings</custom-field>			
        <custom-field action="copy-once">_bunch_header_settings</custom-field>			
        <custom-field action="copy">_bunch_post_settings</custom-field>			
        <custom-field action="copy">_bunch_page_settings</custom-field>			
        <custom-field action="copy">_bunch_bunch_team_settings</custom-field>			
        <custom-field action="copy">_bunch_bunch_testimonials_settings</custom-field>
		<custom-field action="copy">_bunch_bunch_projects_settings</custom-field>
		<custom-field action="copy">_bunch_bunch_services_settings</custom-field>
    </custom-fields>
    <admin-texts>
        <key name="intenax_theme_options">
            <key name="copyright_text" />
			<key name="_seo_home_meta_title" />
			<key name="_seo_home_meta_description" />
			<key name="_seo_home_meta_keywords" />
			<key name="_seo_archive_meta_title" />
			<key name="_seo_archive_meta_description" />
			<key name="_seo_archive_meta_keywords" />
			<key name="_wp_login_page_title" />
			<key name="powerful_skills" />
			<key name="search_page_title" />
			<key name="archive_page_title" />
			<key name="author_page_title" />
        </key>
    </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

4. Go to hidden link
5. Go to the "Strings in the themes" section and rescan the theme
6. Now you should be able to find and translate the string inside WPML > String Translation.

Please let me know if that worked for you, too (we already tested this and added an extra "FR" string on the header text in the following sandbox link: hidden link)

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 8, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4364885

davidB-47

Thank you so much Mihai, the header title works, but I notice one the widgets are not translated and I was not able to find it under string translation

(screenshot attached)

August 8, 2019 at 7:54 pm #4365675

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

I'm very happy to hear that the code our developers recommended did the trick.

Regarding the widgets, you can find them here:
hidden link

You will see there's one of them called "Footer Sidebar" so under that one, there are 2 "Intenax Contact" elements, one is set to display on English, one on French.

The issue was that both of them were using the same English content so you would need to replace the content in the one that's set to display on French with French content. I just added a "FR" text at the end of each line of that widget to make sure that works and it indeed worked.

You can see it here:
hidden link

I will also attach some screenshots that might be helpful 🙂

Please let me know if that resolved the issue for you.

PS: In case you are interested, you can learn more about this method that it's already used on your site to translate the widgets here:

- https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 9, 2019 at 4:07 am #4367331

davidB-47

Hello Mihai, yeah but this won't resolve my issue, what i need to translate is the Address Phone and Email.

thank you

August 9, 2019 at 7:15 am #4368003

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi.

Sorry, I did not realize that those were the strings that you were referring to 🙂

The strings that you want to translate are available in WPML > String Translation, all you need is to first filter by "intenax" in the "Select strings within domain" section.

I will attach a few screenshots.

Kind regards,
Mihai

August 9, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4370817

davidB-47

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!