This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4052803

steveH-9

I've installed a plugin which delays the generation of image sizes (hidden link) by using the 'intermediate_image_sizes_advanced' filter. Works pretty well except when I try to delete the image. The original image file is deleted but the files of the generated image sizes remain in the upload folder.

My question:
Is there a documentation which describes the handling of image sizes and the corresponding language information (added by WMPL)?

Where and when does WPML add the language information to the image?

June 20, 2019 at 10:42 am #4059019

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Steve,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Can you tell me if you're trying to delete the original image and its generated sizes or the translated images, please? I just want to make sure that I understand exactly the part that we are talking about.

Thanks,
Radu

June 20, 2019 at 1:54 pm #4060477

steveH-9

Hey Radu,

In the end I would like to delete "all" images (original image in all languages aswell as the generated image files which were generated according to the custom image sizes).

I'm aware of the fact, that I have to delete the images in every language (via media library) in order to delete the image physically on the server.

And this is actually working. The original/uploaded image file is deleted from the server after I've deleted the image in every language.

What remains are the image files (custom image sizes) generated from the now deleted image.

I suspect: due to the delayed generation of the custom image sizes the language information doesn't get appended to these sizes.

That's why I'm interested in wether/how WPML handles the language information for generated images (the ones which are generated according to the custom image sizes I've defined for my theme).

Cheers

June 21, 2019 at 8:59 am #4065595

Radu
Supporter

Hey Steve,

The WPML plugin is not the one that generates the custom image sizes. I think that add_image_size is used by the theme or a plugin, in order to create different sizes. However, WordPress itself is the one that takes care of deleting them. You need to make sure that the background image processing plugin is not doing any change on this side (deleting the images). WPML is not making any change on the image deleting side, it's all managed by WordPress.

Thanks,
Radu

June 22, 2019 at 9:19 am #4070729

steveH-9

I'm aware of that. My question was if WPML adds any information concerning translation to the image sizes after they have been generated by WordPress.

June 24, 2019 at 10:51 am #4076703

Radu
Supporter

Hey Steve,

The WPML plugin doesn't add any additional information to the image sizes. They are exactly like any other WordPress generated thumbnails.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Translation information for image sizes of image (attachment)’ is closed to new replies.